Uncle bens microwave brown rice 250g

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
46 Posts
Nov 25, 2013 11:24pm
via Android

Ok guys, so I just wanna know if any of you think 250g of instant brown rice is to much for to add to a meal? What I normally do is add some steamed veg & fish to the rice to make a super quick meal.

Thoughts?

Image_thumb
226 Posts
Nov 25, 2013 11:37pm
via iOS
You should try to stay as low carb as possible, in my opinion. Maybe cut that rice amount in half and add more protein and vegetables.
09 Feb
Lol why as low as possible?
Image_thumb
46 Posts
Nov 26, 2013 1:55am
via Android

Yea I suppose your right. Add more proteins. And then make the rice last for two meals

Icon_missing_thumb
260 Posts
Nov 26, 2013 2:59am
via Android

Just a note Brown rice has the highest levels of arsenic so I wouldn't go overboard on eating it slip in maybe a little more vegetables

Image_thumb
482 Posts
Nov 26, 2013 3:18am
via Android

Carbohydrates r our bodies fuel carbohydrates is wat our body utilizes for energy and also aids in brain function..their is only 4 calories per one gram of carbohydrate...their r two types of carbohydrate 1) simple carbohydrate and 2) complex carbohydrate...simple carbohydrates r in things like soda and sugars these r converted to energy and absorbed by our body and used quickly...complex carbohydrates r in things like potatoes and rice these absorb more slowly in the body and provide a slower release of converted energy thnk of wood burning in a fire...carbohydrates being the wood tht fuels th fire or energy....ur body needs carbohydrates as well as protien and fruit and vegetables and healthy fats..esp. if ur an athlete or are involed in  any resistance training u need tht fuel for ur workouts or for your sport..th only time an athlete should lower ths is in wat is called th cutting phase in bodybuilding to shed pounds and appear more shredded for competitions and even thn those guys knw wat they r doing and never stay in th cutting phase for long periods of time ths is not th case for sports where th athleticism is at a different level... also a guys. daily recommendations r a lot higher thn a women's...if ur jus looking to shed some pounds thn find ur daily caloric needs and subtract 500 calories...ths is wats called a caloric deficit but if ur looking to bulk up or get swole thn ur body needs th proper nutrition to do it thts anther reason y  bodybuilders eat different whn training....

Image_thumb
482 Posts
Nov 26, 2013 3:29am
via Android

FDA claims tht th arsenic found in brown rice is not high enough to cause harm to humans...their r two types inorganic and organic arsenic...infact arsenic can b found in our water supply to and as one report said people drink a lot more water thn they eat brown rice...th advice tht was given was tht people should diversify their grains...

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Feb 9, 2014 5:06am
via Android

S

Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Feb 9, 2014 11:33am
via Android

Its fine imo. Always love a good rice dish

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 9, 2014 12:19pm
via Android

Should be fine

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51