What to eat?

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Nov 27, 2013 12:31am
via Android

Hey im 16, 6'1 and 160 lbs. I workout four to five times a week now but have no idea what to eat as far as calories, protein, fat etc. I'm looking to get stronger but not too big. Any suggestions?

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Nov 27, 2013 3:52am
via Android

Try getting the app myfitnesspal. Then go on the PC and log on and change your nutrition goals to 30% fat, 30% protein, 40% carbs. Check the nutrition graph regularly, check the nutrition list regularly.

Eat real foods, stuff that doesn't come in a box with an ingredients list.

Lots of veggies, fruits. With every meal and they make great snacks. Some whole grains and maybe simple whole grain breads and pastas. Lean meats like chicken fish turkey, maybe a protein shake. Red meats rarely. A few nuts, some eggs, a little dairy maybe.

If you try to just eat whole food that's not processed you'll be off to a good start. You won't be perfect ever, but when you start you'll be kind of flailing and doing it wrong, that's okay. You'll get a much better idea of how to adjust, what you need more of and less of, if you try to eat healthy and pay attention to the nutrition tab of myfitnesspal.

Good luck!

27 Nov
Thanks a bunch man sounds like you know what you're talking about!
28 Nov
Haha maybe compared to some people I guess I should know more yeah but I read a lot and absorb info pretty easily and have been interested for a while now. If nothing else i said sticks, remember this: just REAL food. You don't have to worry about the protein percents and nutrition requirements if you are eating mostly REAL food like veggies fruits whole grain lean meats. After you combine that with exercise for a while, your next step to dialing in your own fitness progress will be way more clear to you.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51