Guys Need a true advice ! Is it important to take protein shake ??

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
52 Posts
Dec 2, 2013 6:01pm

Hi Guys ! I was having a question in mind that is it important to take protein shake ?? if its so than which one ? am beginner in bodybuilding like a month. and what should i eat if i don't take protein shake thank you !

Image_thumb
122 Posts
Dec 2, 2013 6:06pm
via Android

I been drinking protein shakes for two weeks now.  Either before or after a workout.  See my pics for results

02 Dec
which brand are you using ? some says protein shake aren't good so am pretty confused
02 Dec
Whey Protien
Image_thumb
47 Posts
Dec 2, 2013 6:23pm
via Android

Shakes are beneficial as they break down much faster than food to begin repairing muscle tissue during protein synthesis. The faster you shuttle nutrients to the muscle after a workout the better. It is more convenient for most than finding a full meal immediately post workout.

As an added boost, consume some simple carbs to spike your insulin levels before your shake. If you dont want to use shakes, stick with high protein lean foods (chicken breast, tuna, turkey, fish, etc).

J

Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Dec 2, 2013 6:34pm
via Android

It is not important to drink shakes. It is importsnt to eat enough protein. And shakes are a handy and much used too for this.

02 Dec
ok got it : )
Image_thumb
44 Posts
Dec 2, 2013 6:37pm
via Android

Protein builds muscle. Protein from food is better for you, but for most people its hard to actually eat perfectly so that's what protein shakes help me. It helps me reach my daily limit... Which is 1 or 1.5 grams per body weight. So I weigh about 155 so I try to eat around 150 grams of protein a day. I eat chicken, yogurt, peanut butter & drink whey protein.

02 Dec
yes! that's true eating perfectly is not possible all the time. But my instructor doesn't likes protein shake lol. So if I take also as beginner which one I should take I meant protein shake ?
02 Dec
There's a lot of different kinds out there, but I prefer Whey Protein or Whey with a Casin blend... Optimal Nutrition's Gold Standard is supposed to be one of the best ones right now. Look for quality & price... allstarhealth.com has some good deals.
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Dec 2, 2013 11:08pm
via Android

How much protein do you usually eat per day? If you don't know the answer to this, that's okay, but throwing a protein shake on top of your current diet will have less effect.  But still, the best time to drink it would be after your strength training workout.

Have you noticed a plateau in your workouts? Have you been slowing in progress?

Study your current diet, observe your current progress, you can get more benefits from adding a protein shake to a diet where you already pay close attention to your protein intake and have a clear idea of where to supplement.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51