Do u have to wait a certain time after eating to workout?

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Dec 3, 2013 8:54pm
via Android

?

03 Dec
2-3 hours.
03 Dec
Look into the glycemic index
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Dec 3, 2013 11:48pm
via Android

No you don't but depending on how much you eat and the intensity of your workout I would wait because you can more easily get cramps, or even puke if your stomach gets rattled enough prior to digestion. Otherwise 30 minutes should be good, same rules as swimming :)

05 Dec
I ended up working out after eating n my stomachs been hurting for three days I have a pain in one spot n I can't eat without wanting to throw up do u now wat I can do to help it hurts to workout to
12 Dec
Kitty if it still hurts after that long I would go see a doctor something else may be going on.
Icon_missing_thumb
122 Posts
Dec 5, 2013 6:38am
via Android

If you plan on doing burpee's do not eat or drink too much right before lol you will most likely throw up. Not very pretty.

05 Dec
Yeah feels that way already when I drink some water, with the burpees.
05 Dec
If you don't throw up every time you do burpees then you're not doing them properly!! :-P only joking! :-D
05 Dec
05 Dec
Image_thumb
456 Posts
Dec 5, 2013 6:50am
via Android

Hey Kitty,
As some here said..depending on the type & amount of food consumed..so 30-60 min is more than enough.
if i wait more than that to workout, i'd lose my energy.. cuz mostly i workout more than 1:30 hours..
As an advice, try to eat food that is easy to digest & clean like fruits, peanut butter..etc..(dont eat spicy food cuz they will give u )
good luck!

Image_thumb
96 Posts
Dec 5, 2013 11:46am
via Android

I'll wait 'bout a hour before workingout

Image_thumb
96 Posts
Dec 5, 2013 11:46am
via Android

But you gonna give it a shot to see what's good for you.
Every body is different so try out :-)

Image_thumb
61 Posts
Dec 12, 2013 3:17am
via Android

I worked out last night after a healthy buy heavy dinner. More than feeling ill during the work out, I felt my energy lower and hence my motivation to finish the work out was low as well.

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Dec 12, 2013 3:28am
via iOS
It's depends on what you!re eating if you know what I mean.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51