Juice anybody?

2 posts | Original | Recent
41 Posts
Dec 7, 2013 7:56pm
via Android

I've never juiced or done any type of detox before, unless eatin' clean counts. I've thought about juicin' for a week after I have my baby in January. What are your experiences with it and advice to a juice newb?

07 Dec
Sorry to jump on the comment but could be interesting and some good angles of advice.. Not looking to deeply at this as such but have an open opinion.
226 Posts
Dec 8, 2013 3:27am
via iOS
I have never personally tried it or read about it. From my own deductions, I would not do it. If you are going to drink fruit juice, you may as well just drink sugar-water. Fruit juice has no fiber, so the sugars will have the same reaction in your body as white sugar. Vegetable juice is not as bad as that, but still the lack of fiber gives you only carbohydrates. Also, it is easily digested, so it will not burn any calories to consume. I do not see how it can be a good detox, when the lack of fiber will not really clean you out. If you want to detox, do a very high protein, low carb diet for one or two weeks. Exercise daily and drink lotsĀ of water. Drinking Kombucha will also be very beneficial because of the good bacteria. Furthermore, Royal Tea, Oolong Tea, and Pu-Erh Tea are very good at cleaning out your system.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51