Help with healthy foods to eat...

6 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Dec 18, 2013 6:23am
via Android

I have been a picky eater since I was little! Now that I'm trying to lose weight, I'm trying to cut out all bad foods, and eating smaller portions...I'm having trouble with what healthy foods to eat. I hate lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, onions, eggs, wheat toast, peas, and etc. I will NOT eat those foods! I'd rather starve than eat those! Yuck! Ha So it's hard to find anything new to eat besides chicken and beef for main meals. Any other ideas of foods/recipes that don't contain the foods listed above?!

949 Posts
Dec 18, 2013 8:34am
via Android

Lol all my suggestions are probably included in your "etc" so, nope, looks like yer screwed.

I would suggest that your pickiness is a learned quality. You've probably learned to be picky cuz nobody made you eat anything you didn't want. You can train yourself to like new flavors and foods. In your case, I would say it's absolutely necessary for your health.

Try cucumbers with a little salt on em. Try celery sticks with peanut butter. Try carrot sticks with dip, or hummus. Try corn chips and hummus, or salsa. Turkey deli slices on a sandwich with cheese and mayo and a LITTLE lettuce. Steamed broccoli covered in butter and cheese. You gotta start somewhere. Make your veggies unhealthy as heck, and later worry about lessening the cheese or butter or whatever else. Chop up celery really small and mix it with tuna and mayo for tuna salad to put on a sandwich.

89 Posts
Dec 18, 2013 7:12pm
via Android

Try brown pasta or rice, they taste same as white.
Have you tried passata (sieved tomatoes) add a teaspoon of sugar to cut the acidity?
Try using a blender or food processor,  use these to disguise veg.
Homemade soups with lentil base are super filling, use any veg you can. Maybe sweet vegg like butternut squash.
Try one new food each day or week.  Our tastes mature with us. I refused to eat green veg as a child,  now broccoli is my favourite!
Good luck x

19 Dec
Try juicing with fruits and some veggies "spinach or lettuce" the fruit will hide the taste u don't like. Just add yogurt for a smoothie taste if u like. That way you still get what u need out of the healthy foods without having to actually eat them. Then have the foods u like in moderation. :-) good luck!
68 Posts
Dec 19, 2013 3:46am
via Android

Foods: Nuts all different kinds of nuts (Walnuts are supose to be the best), baked chicken, broccoli, quinoa or whole wheat brown rice, oranges, bananas, protein bars (I like the soft fresh baked tasteing Clif Bars) Drink: pure green tea and of course water, protein shakes, welches juices are the best all natural fruit juices to drink

6 Posts
Dec 19, 2013 4:02am
via Android

I use noom couch for my diet

1 Post
Dec 19, 2013 4:39am
via iOS
It's all about the spices and herbs you add! That's what makes food taste really good. Find a spice/herb you like or a mix and use some on what you are cooking. Even a good salad dressing you like. What about potatoes? You didn't mention any root vegetables. Carrots yams beets potato turnip. Roast tossed in an oil and the herb or steamed lightly. Don't over cook your food either! There isn't any nutrients left at that point  and overcooked food tastes bad. 
I agree with another tho, it's probably necessary for your health to adapt.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51