How bad is this?

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
226 Posts
Dec 24, 2013 4:18am
via iOS
Is it really bad that I only eat around 1200 calories a day? I know that it can result in lean body mass and vitamin/mineral deficiencies, but what else can it cause? 1200 is usually the maximum that I consume, because I am just not hungry. I can never get in enough calories, even if I eat junk (although, all of my "junk" is dairy, sugar, wheat, gluten, soy, grain free). Technically, it is not junk; it does have a lot of calories, though. Even when I splurge on these foods, I do not usually eat more then 1200 calories. My BMR is 1458, by the way, and I burn 500+ calories a day from exercise including cardio and strength training. I am Paleo, so I do eat a lot of protein and good fats. What are your thoughts?
24 Dec
I been eating that for a yr nothing happened to me yet
24 Dec
Sorry for how handled...good luck and God bless
24 Dec
That is okay, Hannah.
Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Dec 25, 2013 4:02pm
via Android

Your body adjusts. So its not like really bad. But it would be better to start try and eat some more on your really active days. When you start eating more, your hunger will also be bigger. The results will be better when you eat more, look at it like that. You eat really clean thats always the hardest step always. So see it as part of the hard training days to eat hard aswell :-)

25 Dec
I kind of figured the same thing, but I will try to eat more. Thank you for the response!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51