This is a lovely healthy side salad that provides just the crunch you need with any type of meat,
Using yoghurt instead of oil in the dressing gives a hint of creaminess without the cloying richness you sometimes get with mayonnaise.
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 banana shallot (if unavailable, use 3 small ordinary shallots), peeled and finely diced
- 100g (31⁄2 oz) currants
- 100g (31⁄2 oz) whole blanched almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
- 200ml (7fl oz) natural yoghurt
- 1–11⁄2 tbsp cider vinegar
- pinch of cane sugar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
❷ Put the yoghurt for the dressing into a bowl and stir in the vinegar, starting with 1 tablespoon, and adding more later if needed. Add the cane sugar, mix well and season. Taste and add the remaining vinegar or a little extra sugar if necessary.
❸ Pour the dressing over the broccoli, toss well and serve.
I have put mine in the fridge for an hr to chill