Protein shake/or protein bar better before or after workout?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jan 7, 2014 2:42pm
via Android

I just bought some soy protein mix and some little zone protein bars. I'm just curious as to which is better before or after workout, and how much. I'm of very little build so I'm not interested in losing weight or bulking up a lot. Also, on a side note, what are some good vitamins to take?

07 Jan
Protein shake. 99% of the protein bars out there are just candy bars in disguise. They are horrible for you
07 Jan
It depends what your looking for...there are protein shakes that are before or after workouts....I drink one in the morning as breakfast cause its a healthy meal shake (puts 2000 calories worth of vitamins, minerals and nutrients into 150 calories with 17 grams of protein) and I have a post recovery shake for after my workouts. What brand are you using?
Image_thumb
30 Posts
Jan 7, 2014 3:47pm
via Android

Use the protien powder after your workout. Take a serving that gives you about 20 grams of protien. I use protien bars just as snacks.

Image_thumb
60 Posts
Jan 7, 2014 6:27pm
via Android

I eat a handful of raw almonds and non flavored almond milk latte before I work out the after I work out I'll eat spicy lentil wrap, a small bowll of brown rice with veggies or sometimes a tuna sandwich with gluten free bread.

Image_thumb
954 Posts
Jan 8, 2014 2:25pm
via Android

Protein is better after a workout. Go for a meal with more carbs before a workout.

08 Jan
A lot of protein bars have sugar so maybe that would be better before a workout.
Image_thumb
68 Posts
Jan 9, 2014 6:02pm
via Android

I have a protein shake after and before I have a Cliff energy bar.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51