Raw Eggs

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
78 Posts
Jan 18, 2014 12:36am
via Android

Need a quick protein hit first thing in the morning or before going to bed would anyone recommend a dose of raw eggs.

18 Jan
18 Jan
I've never tried it. Whey protein usually satisfies my craving..
Image_thumb
144 Posts
Jan 18, 2014 6:57am

No dude. First - you roughly double the amount of bio available protein by cooking the egg. Second - getting salmonella sucks. Leave that raw egg to Rocky! Eat yours cooked.

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Jan 18, 2014 12:15pm
via Android

I Never heard of cooking and bio-availability, very interesting, thanks for that tip, i will look it up.

I hard boil a bunch of eggs per week and grab em out the fridge for a quick snack. I even been eating w no salt lately, still good.Often i eat just the white, which roughly halves the protein to about 3g but gets the fat WAY down. (I consume enough healthy fats elsewhere.) Hard boiled eggs work just fine in my smoothies too, but I DO have a relatively decent blender, not sure if that makes a difference.

Image_thumb
144 Posts
Jan 19, 2014 1:22am

Hb eggs rock. Patrick can u share a pb2 smoothie recipe or two? Would love to try one.

19 Jan
Aw man I'm still way early in experimental stage. I just sometimes when I think of it, throw in a teaspoon of pb2 along with my usual cocoa powder,a banana, some blueberries and my sun warrior raw vegan powder (which is NOT delicious on it's own) all into some homemade almond milk.... but all in all I'm not sure if I even notice the taste of the pb2 that way... So, yeah, sorry but I don't have a recipe just yet.
20 Jan
no problem. you still gave me the push to try to it and this was really good. rice milk, ice, grapes, banana, soy protein, cocoa powder and pb2. it was actually quite good and will keep experimenting along these lines. thanks for the ideas.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51