Image_thumb
38 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 3:33pm
via Android

??

23 Jan
Yep. Sooo hard to quit!
23 Jan
Of marijuana but it doesn't hurt my lungs or make me want to gasp for air.
24 Jan
Smoker here..been trying to quit fr so long nw!!!
15 Feb
Dont smoke and I dont drink but I dnt have a problem with people that do...to each thier own
18 Feb
Smoking sucks bad for your health smd make sure you pray to God to help you quit. God bless you all:-)
Image_thumb
38 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 3:45pm
via Android

I know. I'd love to quit but I know a lot of people have gained weight because of quitting. And it seems nearly impossible.  I wish I would have never started.

23 Jan
I recently quit (new years). I had been a smoker for many, many years. What helped me quit was getting a eco-water vapor-cigarette. It helped keep me from eating in place of smoking. You can get ones with nicotine to help make it easier. Trust me its worth the quit. I hadn't realized i couldn't take a full breathe until three weeks of not smoking. Keep your head up, don't give in and you will do amazing. Best of luck!!
23 Jan
Thank you :)
Jan 23, 2014 3:45pm
via Android

I quit smoking for about more than a year now. You should try quitting it too. Not only it is bad for your health, but it is also not advisable especially when you are into work out. You will feel difficulty in breathing and you can't perform your workout plan well

Image_thumb
38 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 4:44pm
via Android

Thank you...  I'll have to give it a try

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 5:49pm
via Android

We can do it!

Icon_missing_thumb
31 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 7:01pm
via Android

I'm afraid I'm must say YES I am

23 Jan
Does it bother you in your workout?
23 Jan
Yes if you do a lot if running :'(
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jan 23, 2014 7:22pm
via Android

I was a heavy smoker, two packs a day. I cold turkey quit three years ago and haven't looked back. I did try the vape cigarettes but in the end I realized I could overcome the oral fixation with mental strength. I did gain wait the first few months after quitting, but after that I was able to control my appetite.

Good luck with quitting, I'm certain the community looks forward to hearing your success story.

23 Jan
Thank you.... I appreciate the advice
Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 23, 2014 8:34pm
via Android

I quit 6 months ago, haven't wanted one since then. But I do know it is hard to get the motivation.

Image_thumb
40 Posts
Jan 24, 2014 5:31am
via iOS
I was...and gross as it sounds looooved to smoke, it was my crutch, I used it as a reward for a job well done, a good run...not good blah blah but believe me, quit baby!!! I've been totally quit for 15 months and it is seriously so much better than smoking! It's still a battle but for many reasons well worth the will! Smell great, don't tire as quickly, don't cough up a lung after a hard run or wo, save tons of $$$...yes you will gain some weight but after a few months it will subside with the cravings and is easy weight to lose, drink a lot if water (lemon water works wonders) and do something physical when u want to smoke...quick set of crunches or push ups or lunges, it will combat the crave and weight gain! Good luck, mind over matter...will is a powerful tool when you are ready to quit the habit!
15 Feb
Quitting brought me to this app and working out
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jan 24, 2014 12:30pm
via Android

I was a smoker.  It's a battle I fought for 26 years. But then I heard about a book called "Easy way to quit smoking" by Allen Carr. I finished the book, smoked my final cigarette and had so much as a drag since then. It has been amazing! What used to be torture (Being without a smoke) turned into pleasure. What little withdrawals I felt made me laugh. I know it sounds crazy but it's true. I found the book free on the internet in pdf format.  Best thing that's ever happened to me.

24 Jan
That book helped me quit too. Read it, stopped, its been three years now. No problem.
24 Jan
That book helped me quit for 5 years the first time!!
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 25, 2014 12:43am
via Android

Try to slowly cut back on how many you are smoking in a day. I have been smoking since I was 13 yrs old and smoking almost two packs a day, and have gone to under four cigs. So if you smoke half a pack, when you open your new pack, take the other half of and put them in a plastic bag and in the freezer. Then only smoke that half pack for the day. Slowly working down to less and less.

25 Jan
I quit January 13 2013. That's also the day I started working out lost 30 lbs then found out in August I was pregnant with our 3rd. I would've quit the moment I found out I was prego but with this one I didn't start back up after he was born. It's been over a little over a year and I feel great! I just need to lose that 30lbs again :-\
Image_thumb
85 Posts
Jan 26, 2014 6:02pm
via Android

Just some weed. Lol.

Image_thumb
33 Posts
Feb 13, 2014 7:13pm
via iOS
I just quit a few weeks ago noticed my cardio was going south as my breathing was haywire
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Feb 14, 2014 7:57pm
via Android

I quit after smoking for 8-9 years. I tried a few times and failed every time. What I did was switch to the e-cig. At first it feels like it's not curbing your cravings, but the more you use it, the less you'll crave a real cig, and you can eventually lower the nicotine dose to nothing. I -did- gain weight, but only because I developed a wicked sweet tooth. Trying to get a handle on it, and working out more. :) good luck!

14 Feb
I stopped smoking a dozen years ago or so. Then 4 years ago I had to go to court to get my divorce went twice. I bummed a smoke from a friend that's all it took. I'm at 7-8/day. It sucks. I will go with out food and drink coffee so I can buy a pack of smokes. I'm GOING to quit I have to. I will not let that beat me! I'm better than that. It makes no sense to exercise to feel good but smoke and keep putting another nail in my coffin.
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Feb 14, 2014 8:48pm
via Android

U can do it .. just try ♡♥ .. i hope u will honey .. ♡ start from now

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Feb 15, 2014 11:27am
via Android

Don't avoid quitting because you're afraid of weight gain. That is just a line your nicotine addiction is telling your brain so you have an excuse to keep smoking.

I read "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" and have not smoked for  2 years now. I didn't gain weight either.

Whether you gain weight or not, quitting is the best thing you can possibly do. It's so gross, and you're PAYING MONEY to lying manipulative companies to poison your body with toxins and your mind with lies. 

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Feb 15, 2014 1:55pm
via Android

I was a smoker.  As of today I have not had so much as a drag for 29 days and I've never felt better. I was introduced to a book by Allen Carr called "easy way to stop smoking" and it was! The book claimed to make it a pleasurable experience and it really was! All you have to do is read the book and follow the instructions and you can be freed like me and millions of others have been. I feel like I've been given a whole new life.

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Feb 15, 2014 3:46pm
via Android

I first quit again back in December. Smoke free since then so far. I used an e-cig and champix. Lowered my nicotine dose I'm at nothing and haven't touched the esmoke since half way through January. I did the most incredible thing the other day as well. I ran the most I've ever ran in my adult life. But anyways as for weight gain, I've put on 10lbs... but that was my reason for quitting. It wasn't even until I began taking whey protein and watching what I put into my body

15 Feb
Also meant December 1st

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51