My fitness pal !!

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jan 27, 2014 7:51pm
via Android

Hi all, I'm new to this diet and fitness stuff and after having my child 5 years ago my weight crept up to 15 stone, it's coming off slowly through watching what I eat and have lost 20lb so far, so I decided to step things up a gear and have been using this app and also my fitness pal, but......

I've been logging my food and exercise onto my fitness pal and I'm always waaaay under my calorie intake for the day, today for example it says I still have 1169 calories left to eat!!!!!! But I've been eating all day and only did a 400 calorie burning exercise! Am i doing something wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Leanne

27 Jan
Change your settings, you can adjust you height weight age and level of daily activity - and it spits out a calories per day number. Otherwise if you want to go lower you can manually set the number of calories per day
27 Jan
I've added my height, weight etc and its told. me I should be eating 1600 calories, Ive heard that you shouldnt add your exercise to it from a friend of mine?! So I'm crazy confused!
Image_thumb
22 Posts
Jan 27, 2014 8:55pm
via Android

I always add exercise, I use runtastic it syncs with my fitness pal. It's good to have a full picture of what your doing to your body.

Maybe you are underestimating portion sizes?

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jan 27, 2014 9:09pm
via Android

Thanks, I'll have a look at that app, I don't eat a great deal which I get a lot of grief about and when I make homemade food I weigh out everything I put in it and work it out from there.

I might see if I can get someone to have a look at my fitness pal and see where I'm going wrong I am, thank you for helping.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51