Increase bench, squat, and deadlift while keeping BF down

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Jan 30, 2014 7:06pm
via Android

Hey everyone, looking for some help here! I'm looking to increase the big 3 while keeping BF down. What are the big 3 you ask? Bench, squat, deadlift. As of right now my bench is 415, squat is 565 and deads are 615. Now i'm looking to increase all by 25 pounds but I do not want to gain to much BF. When I was young I bulked up the wrong way and got strong as hell but with it I got chubby as hell! So if anyone has some input, I would love to hear it. Thank you!

30 Jan
What is it you think you did wrong a few years ago? You'll only build muscle if you're just trying to up your weight. Increased BF will only occur if you're consuming more calories than burning. Focus yourself on nutrition. Some people think that just because you're working harder you need to eat a lot more (most often not the case). 20 minutes of high intensity cardio a day and you'll be pretty surprised by results. But again. What is it you think you did the first time that made that occur?
30 Jan
The cardio also doesn't have to be running or an elliptical or something stupid. But burpees or jump squats or mountain climbers or 250 squats in 5 minutes. Muscle strengthening cardio.
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Jan 30, 2014 11:08pm
via Android

Thanks for the input! I bulked up big time when I was 21-24 and it had to do with exactly what you said, overeating. I got the results I wanted in the Weightroom but like I said before it came with unneeded lb's. I would eat clean but I would throw in 4 or 5 cheat meals a week, plus I was doing alot of drinking. I have cut out both fast food and drinking, also I realized I was taking in way to much sodium and carbs! I'm slowly learning what my body needs but I still feel I need that one extra meal to achieve the numbers I want.

Image_thumb
78 Posts
Jan 30, 2014 11:35pm
via Android

250 Squats that's hardcore. I'm still in the amateur leagues!

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Jan 30, 2014 11:38pm
via Android

Lol Idk if I can even do that, that's intense!

Image_thumb
397 Posts
Jan 30, 2014 11:39pm
via iOS
You can do it but it gonna be hard and a long/slow process . Those are huge lift numbers already tho
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Jan 30, 2014 11:56pm
via Android

Thank you! I was blessed with great genetics, also 5 years with a strength and conditioning coach in college really helped! That's why I love these threads no matter how much you think you know you can always learn more!

31 Jan
That is so true!!! :-)
Image_thumb
481 Posts
Jan 31, 2014 12:51am
via Android

Lol I knw wat your talking bout it was the old school way of bulking where you eat as much as you can...tho you do have to consume more then your average caloric intake to gain muscle mass the old school method took it to the extreme.. tho a bulking stage is necessary we dnt have to eat everything so to speak to get the results we want... usually adding 500 - 800 calories to your average caloric intake is suffiecent to meet the bulking requirment as well as keeping th bodyfat percentages low which looking at your numbers you ain't no amateur and I'm sure you knw what your doing and will figure out what your looking for if you haven't already

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51