How important is nutrition?

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Jan 30, 2014 7:13pm
via Android

Almost everywhere you read, people tell you to consume approximately 500 calories less or more to lose or gain weight. I'm trying to shed some body fat, I'm not concerend at how much I weigh. So what will happen if I train really hard every day, and continue with my current eating habits.(Which by the way is sort of healthy)

01 Feb
Its 80% of being fit rest is fitness. Im a personal trainer and working out like a beast makes no difference if your eating poorly
01 Feb
And I don't call it a diet, I don't make clients go on crazy diets I call it healthy eating. You just have to eat right, don't need to eat less
Image_thumb
222 Posts
Jan 30, 2014 7:28pm
via Android

Nutrition is of the utmost importance. A good way to waste time is for you to work out and have a bad diet.

30 Jan
How good should it be? I'm not following a particular diet, but I don't eat take aways, I cook with no oil or butter, no breads, no fuzzy drinks and I eat fruit and veggies every day. Drink a lot of water and also try to incorporate different kinds of protein.
30 Jan
Sounds like you are doing pretty well now. The importance of proper nutrition affects your ability to work out and the results you get. True you can eat poorly and get results but you force your body to work harder.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jan 30, 2014 8:43pm
via Android

Sometimes you consume a good nutritious diet without realizing it.  Looks like you are on the right track... so I'd say just continue on with your current diet.

Icon_missing_thumb
57 Posts
Jan 30, 2014 9:29pm
via iOS
Nutrition is very important. Abs may be made in the gym but their shown in the kitchen. So just make sure you eat healthy no processed junk and you'll be fine!
Image_thumb
731 Posts
Jan 30, 2014 9:36pm
via iOS
To be honest the importent of nuetrition are somewhat hyped up. Yes it's really importent you can build a pritty solid body by eating somewhat healthy. Yes if you want to loose weight it's best to be 3-500 kcals under maintenance and to gain you should be 500 kcals over, but as long your getting your vitamins, your macros and in general awoid eating things thats really bad fore (like candy and to much junkfood) you should be fine. You dont have to eat like a Pro athlet to get in shape as long your generelly healthy :)
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Jan 30, 2014 10:51pm
via Android

Nutrition is only important depending on the results you want to get.

Image_thumb
397 Posts
Jan 31, 2014 12:29am
via iOS
Leta just say you can be in the gym everyday for 5 hours and if you eat fat you gonna be fat
Image_thumb
482 Posts
Jan 31, 2014 12:37am
via Android

Ur diet isn't truly healthy ... unless it is meeting your daily macro nutrients... the 500 number is a ratio...a mathmatical eqaution to give and average person a baseline tht will create small enough deficit only in relation to the first mathmatical eqaution which is an estimation of an individuals personal caloric information tht is healthy ..... by not changing your diet which tho not exactly sound nutrition isn't exactly hamburger and french fries either and I'm guessing you on an average consume as much as your body needs to about slightly over which tells me you have good eating habits so working out for you without increasing your caloric intake nor lowering your caloric intake will produce some results seeing as exercise burns calories you'd create a deficit by activty esp. If your being more active then you would b on average

Image_thumb
86 Posts
Jan 31, 2014 2:30am
via Android

In order to lose a pound you need to burn overall 3000 calories... so grab a calorie count app... have your daily intake and try to have a calorie deficit of 3000 a week or week and a half... better slow and steady.

31 Jan
3500 Calorie = 1 Pound exactly
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Jan 31, 2014 3:09am
via Android

Thanks guys, I appreciate. Guess proof is in the pudding. No pun intented.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51