Image_thumb
6 Posts
Feb 11, 2014 1:12pm
via Android

Any experiences with the atkins diet??

11 Feb
What do you want to accomplish with it?
16 Feb
Dr. OZ 2 WEEK RAPID WEIGHT LOSS DIET.....Apparently it works!
02 Apr
First off your body needs carbohydrates its your bodies form of energy. With that said good carbs are those that are found in veggies and fruit. If you cut carbs completely from your diet, your body will break down your muscle which in turn will make you flabby. So if you do choose to go through with this diet, just make sure you are still eating a good amount of veggies to give your body the food energy it needs.
Image_thumb
84 Posts
Feb 11, 2014 7:26pm
via iOS
My parents tried it and it didn't work well
Image_thumb
201 Posts
Feb 13, 2014 12:46am
via Android

I tried it a while back, lasted only about 3 days lol but I did notice my stomach getting flat in that short time.  I just love my carbs too much!

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Feb 13, 2014 12:51am
via Android

Well i need to drop about 30 lbs before April. I have enough body fat to spare but finding low enough carb foods without internet or time to shop has been a problem so i don't really know what i can and can't have. Or if its safe to do til april.

13 Feb
Depriving your body of carbs will help you shed some weight but it will probably not look as good as a regular diet with smaller portions. Increase protein, cut out foods that have lots of sugars and bad fats. (Fries, ice cream, milk chocolate, donuts, and sodas etc.) Mix in cardio with some bodyweight strength training.
13 Feb
The reason why is the body is designed to use carbs, protein, and healthy fats, we just consume the in the wrong amounts and often without exercise. If you don't consume enough carbs and fats you body will break down muscle to provide an energy source.
14 Feb
ty very much :)
15 Feb
Your welcome.
Image_thumb
201 Posts
Feb 13, 2014 1:16am
via Android

It definitely is a pain shopping for certain foods, the other night I was shopping for like and hr and a half looking for lean meats! 30 lbs by then is possible and going to be a hard road! Try to cut back on your sugars if your big on that, and no carbs after 8 p.m or 9 if you have to eat late. Feel free to ask me anything and I'll help the best I can. Good luck

Image_thumb
201 Posts
Feb 13, 2014 1:16am
via Android

It definitely is a pain shopping for certain foods, the other night I was shopping for like and hr and a half looking for lean meats! 30 lbs by then is possible and going to be a hard road! Try to cut back on your sugars if your big on that, and no carbs after 8 p.m or 9 if you have to eat late. Feel free to ask me anything and I'll help the best I can. Good luck

Image_thumb
278 Posts
Feb 15, 2014 1:50am
via Android

Atkins is the worst diet

Image_thumb
953 Posts
Feb 15, 2014 11:19am
via Android

Studies show that Atkins is successful in as much as it limits calories, just like any other diet. There have been no significant advantages to any diet besides how it works with the individual. If you can't stick to one diet but can stick to another, obviously that will be more successful.

I would recommend a higher protein diet but not cutting carbs completely, as that has been shown to reduce cognitive function.  Try switching to whole grains only. Brown rice, quinoa, oats, maybe a whole grain (sprouted is also good) bread.

Eating a balanced whole food diet using a calorie tracker and sticking to a plan will work just as well and probably be healthier overall.

Image_thumb
566 Posts
Feb 15, 2014 3:59pm
via iOS
Myfitnesspal and workout trainer I believe are the safest way to lose weight.
16 Feb
Try Dr. OZ 2 week rapid weight loss diet.....
29 Mar
anything with the word 'rapid' I don't trust
199021_1920635940023_7021108_n_thumb
23 Posts
Mar 29, 2015 5:39pm
via iOS
I'm on the Modified Atkins Diet, similar to the original Atkins Diet but I can't have dairy or fruit. I used to live off Greek yogurt and apples and peanut butter.  Salads get old after awhile.  I can only have 20 grams of carbs a day.
Image_thumb
1 Post
Mar 31, 2015 1:52pm
via Android

Read the new atkins guide, it s not completely removing carbs,  it's reducing for stage one then aging back until you stabalize

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51