Rice??

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
37 Posts
Feb 12, 2014 8:23pm
via iOS
I'm making rice for dinner tonight, and I was wondering if rice is bad or good? I heard once you eat it and it's in your stomach, it will turn into sugar. Is that true or not? Lol or does it depend what you are making/cooking with the rice?
12 Feb
No lol, it will not turn to sugar. The best rice to have is white or brown. I prefer brown just because it has complex carbs in it which gives you energy. (Simple carbs) are the fatty carbs. White is fine it's low calorie and sodium. You can also compare when ever you go to the grocery store look at the nutrition facts on the side. Compare sugar, sodium, saturated fat, carbs and calories and choose the lowest :)
13 Feb
Lol with this brown rice myth
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Feb 12, 2014 11:40pm
via Android

White rice is garbage. It probably says "enriched" somewhere on the box, right? That's because they strip away all of the nutrients to make it more convenient to cook. Since they stripped away all the nutrients, it would have been unedible if they didn't add synthetic nutrients. So white bread, white rice, all of that is pretty much toxic to people over time.  eat whole grain rice and bread. The end

13 Feb
Can you show studies of this about white rice? Or atleast good articles?
13 Feb
wasn't in an article. Learned it while getting my nutritionist cert. I take all articles I read with a grain of salt, since they change views every other day. I can post exact quotes and site them if you want
13 Feb
15 Feb
Its more about the poison thing. Because its known that white rice spike ur bloodlevels. But if thats poisoness.
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Feb 13, 2014 2:58am
via Android

In short: Along with fruits and vegetables, whole grains are important sources of fiber. Whole kernels of grains consist of four parts: germ, endosperm, bran, and husk. (See Figure 4.16.) The germ, the innermost part at the base of the kernel, is the portion that grows into a new plant. It is rich in protein, oils, vitamins, and minerals. The endosperm is the largest, middle portion of the grain kernel. It is high in starch and provides food for the growing plant em- bryo. The bran is composed of layers of protective coating around the grain kernel and is rich in dietary fiber. The husk is an inedible covering. When grains are refined—making white flour from wheat, for example, or making white rice from brown rice—the process removes the outer husk and bran layers and sometimes the inner germ of the grain kernel. Because the bran and germ portions of the grain contain much of the dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals, the nutrient content of whole grains is far superior to that of refined grains. Although food manufacturers add iron, thiamin, ribo- flavin, and niacin back to white flour through enrichment, they usually do not add back dietary fiber and nutrients such as vitamin B6, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, and zinc, which are also lost in processing

13 Feb
Don't bother looking for figure 4.16
Image_thumb
37 Posts
Feb 13, 2014 3:04am
via iOS
Hmm, I never knew that. Thanks for the info man.
13 Feb
Glad I could help
Snzu6djwsq51oi-9deymcq_thumb
63 Posts
Feb 15, 2014 11:01am
via Android

Any one know how Jasmine rice compares?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51