How healthy are canned veggies?

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
24 Posts
Mar 14, 2014 1:11am
via Android

I cannot stand fresh veggies. But I do like veggies out of a can. Canned veggies are healthy right? If you don't add any butter? Or is it not very good for you?

14 Mar
Try frozen vegetables.
13 Apr
If U eat them once in a while there should be no problem, but i suggest U not to eat them daily...they're often rich in salt, which will make U retain liquids and i think their nutritional value is altered. Frozen veggies should be better, although i would def go for fresh! If U cant stand the taste U can dress ur salda with a lil bit of salt, extravirgin olive oil and a lil balsamic vinegar. U can try a mix of veggies too, for ex U can Cook eggplants, zucchini and cherry tomatoes together in a saucepan, add...
13 Apr
*salad, not salda :P
13 Apr
My phone is mad LOL i meant a CLOVE of garlic ^_^
Image_thumb
731 Posts
Mar 14, 2014 10:12am
via iOS
A good alternative is frozen veggies. Frozen veggies rarely contain any preservatives and and in opposition to fresh veggies they are harvested when they are just right and not before time like the fresh fruit and Vegs you get at the store. Also they have been frozen almost immidietly after being harvested and haven't been decaying at the shelf a few days before you get to them. So frozen veggies are the way to go.

P.s yes it's true that some vitamins break Down at low temperatures, but since it's frozen very rapidly the effect of this is minimal.
Icon_missing_thumb
216 Posts
Mar 14, 2014 6:53pm
via Android

They're terrible - loaded with salt and preservatives - why don't you try seasoning fresh veggies when you cook them.

14 Mar
Or grill them, they taste amazing grilled
14 Mar
True grilled stuff is the best!! Sadly thing usually get burned when grilled and thats bad :(
14 Mar
Also if you heat foodto high temps you destroye a lot of the vitamins :(
14 Mar
Really? Man, that sucks - I love grilling
14 Mar
Just eat it!!! Lives sucks anyway.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51