One meal a day

12 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
11 Posts
Mar 17, 2014 5:10pm
via Android

Did anyone ever try the one meal a day plan, if so what were your gains?

13 Apr
If U eat once a day only, ur metabolism will automatically go on "starvation mode" and it will consequently slow down. As a consequence, U will have troubles in losing weight and once U eat as U used to (bcs no one can ever eat once a day forever!) Ur body will get fatter. Eat ur breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner and keep working out, U will still lose weight this way. Obviously, it must be a balanced diet (veggies, fruit, complex carbs, proteins and good fats such as olive oil), eat yogurt or fruit for ur snacks.
13 Apr
Naevia, that actually doesn't happen right away. It won't happen until he's lost a lot more weight. Also, if he changes up the calorie intake with each meal (400, 600, 850, 500), his metabolism will stay confused and spiked.
Image_thumb
512 Posts
Mar 17, 2014 6:39pm
via Android

I don't think that's healthy. Try to eat small portions a few times a day.

Image_thumb
1023 Posts
Mar 17, 2014 6:53pm
via Android

Nope. I dont like those huge meals.

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Mar 17, 2014 7:44pm
via Android

*From an eating disorder perspective*

That isn't considered healthy, with all the exercise you do. If you didn't exercise, it wouldn't be as bad. One meal a day lets you lose about .5 pounds a day, based on your BMR. However, one meal is maybe 600-700 calories, which isn't exactly a lot of energy for your body, especially if you work out. When I struggled with my ED, I started eating one meal a day (450 calories), but as my metabolism slowed, I found it was more beneficial to eat a few small snacks that added up to that amount. Even now that I'm all healthy and normal I eat several smaller meals a day (that add up to 1000 calories) in order to keep my metabolism up and going. It's probably one of the best ways to lose, besides a 40 day fast (which is actually totally healthy, people like to say it isn't).

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Mar 17, 2014 7:45pm
via Android

I have and thts the way I lost 30 pounds..but the thing is tht its really unhealthy 4 u..(so ive heard)

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Mar 17, 2014 7:49pm
via Android

It's fast and effective, but you just have to be careful in the long run.

Image_thumb
61 Posts
Mar 17, 2014 11:04pm
via Android

You mean intermittent fasting? If so,  I've just started it 2 weeks ago & It's the most easy diet(in my opinion at least). No 4 to 6 meals preparation hustle anymore. I'm doing the warrior's diet plan.
My diet is simple:

1- from 8 pm till 12 pm (noon time)the next day I don't eat anything, except for my morning coffee with cream (no sugar added). I sleep at about 11 pm & wake up about 9 am, so most of my fasting hours are consumed in sleeping.

2- from 12 pm till 7 pm I consume fruitd & veggies & a little bit of dairy products.

3- I take my biggest meal after 7 pm. I start with veggies.  A lot of them. Then no more than 2 servings of protien (6 oz of lean meat, poultry, fish ...etc) & 4 servings of grains( 2 cups of rice, pasta..etc)

Rdb_sept_2015_thumb
7 Posts
Mar 18, 2014 4:17am

What Noha E. said. Google "Lean Gains Martin Berkhan" for more info.

Icon_missing_thumb
216 Posts
Mar 18, 2014 4:36am
via Android

Well, if you eat less, you won't gain anything...

Image_thumb
123 Posts
Mar 18, 2014 3:42pm
via iOS
I have never eaten breakfast so I now tend to put on weight if I do eat it for a while for some reason.  It doesn't affect my weight as far as I know, but, One of the reasons people put on weight if they don't eat breakfast is because they tend to get hungry and snack unhealthy food during the morning.  Also if you don't consume enough calories your body can go into starvation mode and actually store more fat.   I think I get away with it cause I haven't eaten breakfast since I was about 7 years old
Image_thumb
108 Posts
Mar 19, 2014 7:43am
via Android

I eat 5 or 6 times a day just to keep the metabolism burning, just have to eat clean and work out and losing weight is easy.

19 Mar
Your metobalism doesnt go faster by eating 6 meals lol
19 Mar
I m sure it does when you start losing fat and adding muscle.
19 Mar
The 6 meals a day didn't work. I was hungry & thinking about food most of the day. It's a planning hustle too. I was never satisfied by breaking my calories into 6 meals a day, never! I used to go to bed hungry, however when I woke up I wasn't that hungry but I had to eat immediately thinking by that I'd raise my metabolism. But it just didn't happen. I couldn't do it for a long term though & when I stopped doing this I started to eat a whole lot of junk food just to make up...
Image_thumb
397 Posts
Mar 19, 2014 8:21pm
via iOS
If i ate one meal a day it would be like 7000 calories

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51