Food and energy drink advice

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
123 Posts
Mar 18, 2014 9:54am
via iOS
I usually work out in the evening about 2 hours after my main meal. After about twenty mins I feel dizzy and sick I have tried eating a snack 20 mins before but still feel really ill. I'm not sure why unless I'm over doing it for my fitness levels. Or getting motion sickness .

Also at what point do you worry about recovery meals, I used to think of protein shakes as being for the massive body builders type. And finally would a meal replacement shake do the job?

I know lots of questions
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Mar 18, 2014 10:03am
via Android

Its strange that you feel sick. Do you also get this when you work out on other moments of the day?

As for food after your workouts. A protein shake with some carbs next to it is great. These shakes are surely not just for bodybuilding types. They are an easy way of comsuming protein for everyone. At the same time they are an light meal which is good when you want to sleep short after.

Image_thumb
123 Posts
Mar 18, 2014 10:15am
via iOS
The only other time if day I get excersize is my afternoon walk with the dog, I'm running around after kids and housework other than that so I'm always busy.  Not sick though.  I get bah about 3 or 4 in the afternoon and need a snack.
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
Mar 18, 2014 11:17am
via Android

Could be you should eat a lil more during the day. Or take a lil more rest before working out in the evening.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51