85 Posts
Mar 29, 2014 10:35pm
via Android

Is V8 really good for you?

Image_thumb
24 Posts
Mar 30, 2014 2:44am
via Android

Of course it's not as good as the REAL fruits and veggies but it's better than grabbing a soda! And v8 has a lotta good vitamins and such in it. Its not that bad of a drink...

Icon_missing_thumb
216 Posts
Mar 30, 2014 2:48am
via Android

It's VERY high in sodium - something people fail to realize... It's not as good for you as most folks think

30 Mar
Wow. Yeah I never thought of the sodium that might be in that stuff. :#)
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 30, 2014 8:19am
via Android

In my opinion it is a better alternative to any sports drink. I like to drink it on hot days when I know I will be sweating a lot. Doesn't matter if it's working out, running, or doing yard work. My kids drink it before or during a competitive athletic event in hot weather.

V8 is high in sodium(650mg), but is also high in potassium(470mg) in an 8oz. serving. Both are essential electrolytes. It is made from natural ingredients. There is also a good amount of vitamins A and C. Being in liquid form, it is quickly absorbed in your body and light on your stomach.

Sports drinks advertise essential electrolytes, but most only have around 50 to 110mg of sodium and 30 to 45 mg of potassium in an 8oz. serving. They can also be loaded with a lot of corn syrup and/or artificial sweeteners and colors.

Image_thumb
42 Posts
Mar 30, 2014 7:11pm
via Android

Wow I opened this topic thinking it was a discussion about the V8 Engine xD!

30 Mar
I dnt even know what that is. What is that?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51