5 posts | Original | Recent
5 Posts
Apr 22, 2014 2:34am
via iOS
How many grams of protein is good to eat after a intense workout?
22 Apr
25-30 should be good enough
22 Apr
If u your lifting weight I would say 60g if your doing cardio and want to replace it for a meal 20g should be good
397 Posts
Apr 22, 2014 3:31am
via iOS
300 to 400 minimum
17 Posts
Apr 22, 2014 6:45am
via Android

That seems a little too high to me.

There are other factors that need to be taken in before that. Like for me i run a moderate workout so i just need about 135g of protein. If you go to a gym speak with a trainer there. Some place offer free evulation on your needs. If that doesn't work look around online.

37 Posts
Jun 7, 2014 9:47am
via iOS
1.5 grams of protein to 1KG of body weight throughout the day
1018 Posts
Jun 7, 2014 12:03pm
via Android

It doesnt matter that much.

Mealtiming is made alot more important than it should be.

There are a few rules though. When those are followed you should be in the safe zone. For perfect and optimal results, meal placement matters. But i dont think you are prepping for some important match or tournament anytime soon.

So what is adviced to be followed?

Consenses is that consuming +/- 1 to 2 grams of protein for ur fat free mass is ideal for building muscle. Its best to take fat free mass cuz its usseles to consume and calculate with all the fat we try to lose in mind.

After strenght training there is a higher protein synergy. Which means more protein is being processed by the body. However this is not as high as alot of ppl think or hope. On a average male this is just arround 15-20 grams. So when you consume arround 30 grams of protein in your first meal after ur workout you should alrdy be fine. This higher senergy stays active for a few hours after you have worked out. So its not really THAT importsnt to rush home for a protein shake. But i wont do any bad things either to directly consume it.

So my advice is. Post workoutmeal arround 30 grams of protein and carbs. If ur in a bulking phase you can take some extra carbs afrer the wo.

But most important is, look what you consume over the day. If at the end of the day its on point with what you need. You will be allright.

07 Jun
What if you eat to much protien?

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51