Shouldn't Organic be Cheaper?

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
May 14, 2014 11:15pm
via Android

People are too worried about Calorie count, they've forgotten the importance of ingredient choice. How many people actually know what went into a burger patty? And how many people would continue eating a burger patty if they knew it contained over 80 different animal [products] from all over the world? How many would eat meat from cows that were fed engineered corn or processed meal? These are the same people that source the market for foods that have less additives and artificial sweeteners. But didnt know it's fed to the animals that become the meat they consume as well. Ultimately, defeating the purpose.
It's interesting how food that had nothing added to it is more expensive then the junk that has been processed with stuff we can't even pronounce. Locally grown and fresh should be less expensive because our human biological structure craves it. And it would be, if people would stop denoting "unhealthy" as calories! Calories are only used or unused energy. It's ingredients that make us sick. And, Instead of worrying about labeling food with a calorie count at restaurants and fast food joints, they should be listing precise ingredients on a label.

#FoodForThought

14 May
Monsanto!?!?!?!?!
15 May
Its not like that... Who produce thing look only at what they have the most and most cheaper(those two goes well together) gold would be cheap if we have it on every corner.
15 May
Image_thumb
731 Posts
May 15, 2014 7:56am
via iOS
Hey. Organic foods are expensive because they give a much lower Yield. So there is a lot less of it.
15 May
A Christian did hear of Korean natural farming those guys are bad a** organic farmers...
Image_thumb
17 Posts
May 15, 2014 8:24am
via Android

You only live once. Life is too short to worry about all that shit. Eat a burger wit extra bacon and just be happy you ain't eating rice like Ethiopian mine workers. If you find this offensive, you have not one funny bone in your body. Yall be easy, work hard and eat whatever you want.

15 May
Lol this my first post in almost a year. She better like it! Lol jp
15 May
I like it, but having said that the girl does have a point :)
15 May
Yea, I support her argument and agree with her. Just bringing some humor to the table lol
15 May
Hey... Don't get me wrong I love burgers too. I just love being healthy more. I'm not a vegan, I'm actually Samoan! And if anyone knows Samoans... They know we some meat eating people! I just think people should be more aware of what goes in their food, and how we're suffering because we don't "really" know...Just like any one would want to know if someone slipped something in their drink... without their knowledge :-) i mean, i'd wanna know!
11 Jun
But you can live a longer life if you eat healthy.
Image_thumb
34 Posts
May 15, 2014 12:33pm
via Android

I think it is because of this: let's say a farm is big enough for 100 chicken. If they are bio they take normal time to grow up. But if they're fed with the stuff you've mentioned, it takes three times less time for them to grow. So instead of 100 chicken, the farmer sells 300 (in case of McDonald's cows it is millions a day) so he can sell them for cheaper. Also Dejan put it right about the gold.

Icon_missing_thumb
55 Posts
May 15, 2014 2:00pm
via iOS
Because of economies of scale perhaps?
15 May
Population growth has a lot to do with it!
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jun 11, 2014 9:45pm
via iOS
My dad specifically buys cows from farmers that don't use all these hormones to make the cows grow faster.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51