Fatsecret

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
158 Posts
May 15, 2014 6:20pm
via Android

Hello,

I recently downloaded an application on my phone called fatsecret to keep track of my calorie intake. After having created a profile, it said that I was allowed to take in over 3000 calories a day. I'm 6'2 (189 cm) and weigh about 179 lbs (81 kg). My first question is: is this an accurate calculation?

Secondly, I noticed that I take in around 80 up to 100 grams of fat a day, around 350 carbs and 100 protein. Them amount of fat that I consume scares me! It seems elevated to me because people who work out on a regular basis and want to look fit aim for 30 grams of fat a day. I try to watch what I eat and I believe I eat rather healthy compared to most of my friends/colleagues. Anyway, my second question is: should I be worried or is my intake of fat, carbs and protein completely normal?

Thanks for commenting!

15 May
But is a reduction of fat intake necessary if you want visible abs, though?
17 May
No. Not directly. You will have to be on a kcal (energy deflict). So your body uses as much fat as possible as an energy source. Way its adviced to consume lots of protein and to weighttrain is to safe ur muscles. Because the body will use energy out of the muscles for everyday use. What means your muscle mass decreases. The abbs wont be a big thing in this all. But to come back at ya question, fat is needed. It just is high in calories per gram. So yes, you need to restrict your fat intake. But this...
Image_thumb
7 Posts
May 16, 2014 8:20am
via Android

Holy moly! If you really intake that much and look that good, props to you! Not sure if it's accurate tho! Sounds really high!? :-) sorry I couldn't be any help.

16 May
Lol thanks
Image_thumb
1022 Posts
May 16, 2014 8:53am
via Android

It all depends. I know guys shorter than you consuming up to 4k calories.

What is your goal? How active are you?

And fats arent bad. They are only high in calories. If i look at it at first sight. I would say you could do with a lil less fat and some more proteins. Whatever your goal is.

16 May
I exercise 3 to 4 times a week for about half an hour. My goal is to build more muscle, strengthen core and when I feel confident about my muscle mass, I want to start toning to get more visible abs.
16 May
I have an active lifestyle though, I think I walk for 4 to 5 hours a day at work.
16 May
When you're building muscle you are alrdy toning. Use the word cut if you want to lose fat :p. You have to consider the energy outgo in this because you have to create a energy surplus at the end of the day, for your body to be able to create muscle. In your case i think 3k isnt a strange number. What i do think you could downgrade ur fat intake and you have to increase the protein intake. If you would struggle to get your 3k number you can keep the fat intake. Becaue it would mean you struggle...
16 May
Thanks for the info Rappa :)
Image_thumb
7 Posts
May 17, 2014 1:04pm
via Android

no problem!

Image_thumb
17 Posts
May 23, 2014 8:03am
via Android

U look nice

Image_thumb
158 Posts
May 28, 2014 7:00am
via Android

Thanks Fathima, but you could have told me that in a pm, haha!

Icon_missing_thumb
32 Posts
May 29, 2014 6:37pm
via Android

I'm using it as well. I'm 6"6' and weigh about 73kg and it's telling me to eat 4400 a day. I want to put weight on cos I'm kinda scrawny but I dont know whether to increase overall or try to just increase protein :s any ideas?

29 May
Increase overall

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51