Should you eat before or after you exercise?

11 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jun 11, 2014 9:48pm
via iOS
:)
11 Jun
I eat 3 hours before, just after workout I drink only water or protein, or sometimes after work out I eat fruits or vegetable, but after 2 hours I eat my normal food and ...
11 Jun
There's no rule of thumb because folks are different. Try both and use what works for you just give yourself time between meals and exercise (before or after)
11 Jun
Don't easy before and then get worked up...you might get sick
11 Jun
Eat...sorry
11 Jun
are you aming to loose weight or gain muscle?
Icon_missing_thumb
122 Posts
Jun 13, 2014 2:40am
via Android

If you feel fine in the belly, mind, and body then wait until you are done with your workout to eat. If you are super hungry then have a little snack and go for it

13 Jun
Ill take two bananas before gym...mrng time
10410144_10152505626473103_2579222053907672551_n_thumb
1 Post
Jun 13, 2014 2:50am
via Android

Have a snack for some energy but don't have a full meal.

Image_thumb
55 Posts
Jun 27, 2014 11:34am
via iOS
No magic formula... Exercising requires energy to get you through your workout - if you have no energy (which is obtained through food) then your workouts are gonna suck.

That being said, you want to give your body complex carbs before your workouts. How soon before your workouts really depends on your body type and metabolic rate. I personally consumed a shake comprised of almond milk, blueberries, Greek yogurt, protein, oats, creatine, a bit of psyllium, ice!

Liquids are absorbed faster than solids.

Post workout - you MUST eat within 45 mkns or else your body goes starts to eat itself which is not good. I personally have the same shake right after my workouts.
Image_thumb
11 Posts
Jun 27, 2014 3:03pm
via Android

training=fatigue
Carbs=energy
Protein=recovery
Nutrient timing is key. It makes sense to start recovery even before you are completely fatigued. Focus on taking in plenty of light carbs before your workout (i.e. bread, crackers, gummies) then take in 4:1 carb/prot ratio during  your exercise and 3:1 directly after (i.e. 1/2 Gatorade 1/2 H2O 1 scoop of whey during and something like chocolate milk afterwards w/i 1 hr) up to 4 hours afterwards shift the ratio to 4:1 prot/carb for max recovery.

You don't have to be super strict about this but the more energy you take in during exercise the better and the sooner you start recovering the better. Chocolate milk right after works great for recovery and Gatorade during for enery.

So, yes you should eat before during and after a workout. Hope this gets you thinking!

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jun 28, 2014 3:16am
via Android

Eat something small like a protein bar before And then sat a sandwhich with some sort of meat on it after

Image_thumb
46 Posts
Jun 29, 2014 2:19am
via iOS
Both. 90mins b4 and 30mins after
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Jun 29, 2014 6:19pm
via Android

BOTH! I recommend a Greek yogurt or a small package of oatmeal a half hour before you workout.The carbs will help fuel you through your workout so you can go even harder.

Icon_missing_thumb
12 Posts
Jul 14, 2014 11:00am

i eat 2 banana with milk before 1 hrs  and after 1 hrs to workout.after this eat fruite and chesse

Image_thumb
22 Posts
Jul 14, 2014 1:21pm
via Android

Can Anyone recommend any  vegetarian food
How about fruits

Image_thumb
55 Posts
Jul 14, 2014 5:36pm

You can use Vegan protein powders and there are a variety of them out there.

Fruits have fructose which breakdown in your body faster. They are great post workout; pre workout, I'd stay away as it COULD spike up your sugar levels and then fade off really quick during your workouts.

15 Jul
Okk thanks bro :-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51