Protein Shakes ?!?!

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jul 14, 2014 9:14am
via Android

I want abs! I've heard so much bad and good things about protein shakes and i want to know if theyre for me?? im working out 5-6 times a week for about 2 weeks now, so im just starting. Ive cutt off carbs completely these past two weeks and im looking for something healthy and safe. i dont want anything to affect me in the long run. I feel my workouts are good but i dont feel healthy nutrition wise even tho im trying to be. Help please?!?!

Image_thumb
385 Posts
Jul 14, 2014 9:51am
via Android

You already have abs...everyone has a six pack to varying degree, its just not visible as we have a natural layer of fat covering them.

To get them its weight loss and for alot of people that means going under weight.

The best way to increase abs muscles is captains chair leg rasies and air bike I read this is a recent study on abs.

Protein shakes is left overs from cheese making (seperating curds and whey) is by far not the best way to take in protein, its mixed with flavours and sugars not good if you want to loose weight either.

To make your 6 pack visible you need diet and workout mentioned above amongst your general workout..

Eat a little often is now best advice to keep you metabolism running, try to jot down your calorie intake and keep it around 1400-1500 a day...

water is the best way to hydrate and it contain zero cals so get plenty of it 3 litres a day is a good start....

Dont think or stop untill you got what you want...protein isnt going to help much im afraid you can't buy what you want even thou companies will try to sell you it pill gunk and tabs.

Natural Protien comes from beef and chicken!  Good luck

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jul 14, 2014 9:55am
via Android

Thank you so much! I guess i need to sit down and plan a nutritional diet for myself; this helps alot and confirms what i was affraid of. You're awesome. Thank you!

14 Jul
It can be hard to do but its rewarding, I buy large packs of chicken legs (cheaper than breast) and roast them all and freeze..take out night before...you just cant get a better protein hit
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jul 14, 2014 9:56am
via Android

Check out Dymatize Nutrition Elite proteins. I use their whey protein every day. It is a great building block for good nutrition. I have a shake after every workout. It is low carb and great tasting.

That being said,  it will not overcome bad nutrition if the rest of your daily intake is not healthy. If you want help with that, just let me know. My saying is "You can't outrun your fork!"

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jul 14, 2014 10:17am
via Android

I'll try that! & I'm completely motivated,  will do whatever it takes, how ever long it takes and try to enjoy the pain as much i can haha, thanks again.

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jul 14, 2014 10:21am
via Android

I don't eat unhealthy, i just feel i dont consume enough of what the body needs. The past two weeks ive just been drinking as much water as i can, eating salads and for meat ive been eating meat and chicken and tuna, even tho im not a big fan of meat. I just dont know how much im suppose to have and i feel like maybe my salads arent as healthy as i think? im not sure if my eating habbits are what they're  suppose to be

Image_thumb
22 Posts
Jul 14, 2014 2:25pm
via Android

You have gotten a lot of good advice so far. I want to point out a few things. One is that not carbs is terrible for you. Odds are that you are getting them somewhere like fruit and not realizing it, but if you are taking in almost zero, bad. Just control your intake and try to get them in earlier meals as opposed to late dinners.

As for salads, dressing is the killer. Make sure you aren't getting cream dressing. Also look at the individual ingredients. Take candied walnuts out of a salad for example and it becomes much lower in fat and carbs.

14 Jul
Thanks, ya i dont use dressing, i use olive oil, a bit of vinegar, lemon, salt,and mint. makes it taste amazing. For the carbs i cutt off pasta, rice, breads but i eat alot of fruit, is that ok?
14 Jul
It can be ok, but don't overload on fruit. There is a lot of sugar in most fruit and people forget that. Mix in vegetables. Cliff bars, belvatta, stuff like that are good cards in the morning.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51