Protein supplements.. Required-Yes or no.. Explained..

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
34 Posts
Jul 23, 2014 1:08pm
via Android

You have been working out for long enough.. You have heard of proteins supplements.. And you wanna try them but you are in some glitch?... Let me explain you something about it.. So your muscle have been working hard enough.... They need repair (if you need to know about repair refer to my other topic).... And for repair you need proteins... People have been asking for so long that-is protein supplements certainly necessary??... The answer is NO they are not certainly necessary.... but yes they help u in some way .. Protein supplements are generally whey proteins... Whey is like casein protein in milk dried and concentrated form.. It is readily absorbable and utilised.. So many people prefer them... But if u will ask me.. I would give my points to the ultimate protein storage-Eggs... The are best... Have the highest protein content they are cheeper and contains all essential amino acids... In the end it is what providing the proteins to the muscles.. Slow absorbing egg proteins donot have adverse effect on kidney and liver as is found in whey supplements... So its urs choice in the end... And most importantly.. Dont forget to drink plenty of water with high protein diet.. Its very necessary to get the ammonia and other toxic byproducts of protein metabolism.. out of the body.. And it is only possible by urine... So drink plenty of water...... Hope it gave u some knowledge... If any queries.. I am happy to help.. Do share this with your friends working out there at the gym.... follow me for more posts.. And dont forget to like the post.. :)

27 Jul
For us simple people...me...please tell me what would one put in a protien shake, without any powders or pre mixed concoctions and what are some high protien foods? How many eggs do you have a week and how do you eat them? Raw? Or cooked?
Image_thumb
34 Posts
Jul 28, 2014 3:29pm
via Android

@carrie.. U should eat cooked eggs..  Raw eggs may contain Salmonela bacteria.. Which can cause gastrointestinal infection...  Eat upto 8 to 9 eggs for moderate exercise...  And more for intense exercise.... It actually depends upon how ur body reacts to protein intake..  If u feel that the muscles are getting healed,  no need to increase the intake..  If not, then increase the intake.. ....... Hope that helps... Any more queries then do ask.. . Follow for more.. :)

Image_thumb
115 Posts
Jul 29, 2014 3:48am
via Android

Hi Manmeet. About cooked eggs, how many eggs allowed to consume in a day? I heard eggs contain high colesterol, which is bad....

Thanks in advance

Image_thumb
34 Posts
Jul 29, 2014 3:58am
via Android

@Aam thanks for reminding...  DON'T EAT the yellow of eggs... All cholesterol is present in the yellow of eggs...just eat the outer white part which contains the protein...

29 Jul
Ur welcome :). However, it'd be a waste, since I like the yellow part. Hehehe...
29 Jul
:D.. Ya.. but for health anything can be done.. :)
29 Jul
Yep. I limit myself to only one yellow egg in a day. :)
08 Aug
NAD advice.
300x300_thumb
168 Posts
Aug 8, 2014 2:31am
via Android

Speaking of eggs, which egg is best? Grade AA OR AAA, I know there is several more.

Image_thumb
34 Posts
Aug 8, 2014 4:55am
via Android

@lee... I have posted a new topic on the eggs grading.. U can go through that..

Icon_missing_thumb
37 Posts
Aug 8, 2014 4:58am
via Android

I add a half cup of high quality yogurt, half cup of 2% milk, two bananas and a handful of fresh or frozen blueberries to my protein powder, then mix with a hand blender.
As for my eggs, I always go with one whole egg and six egg whites scrambled.  Egg whites can be a bit bland after awhile and adding one whole egg adds just enough fat to the rest of eggs to make them much more flavorful. 

08 Aug
That looks delicious recipe... :)
Image_thumb
274 Posts
Aug 8, 2014 12:39pm
via Android

Hi Manmeet. Great article, but can you clear something up? I thought recent studies have shown that eating the yokes have had no effect on the LDL cholesterol and slightly raised the good cholesterol, HDL? Plus, if you don't eat the yoke, you're missing out on a lot of essential vitamins and minerals! Thanks

09 Aug
Very good point Jason. That being said, if you're eating eggs on a daily basis and/or for one of your main sources of protein, you definitely don't want the fat from all those yolks. Now if you only eat eggs once or twice a week, go ahead and eat the whole egg you'll be fine.
Image_thumb
34 Posts
Aug 9, 2014 8:04am
via Android

@jason....
It has been found that daily dietary cholesterol should be limited to less than 200 mg/day; a single large egg yolk contains approximately 275 mg of cholesterol (more than a day's worth of cholesterol).
And its a documented fact from all the researches that the cholesterol increases substantialy after eating yolk of egg.
I couldn't find any new study stating that it the yolk doesn't increase the cholesterol..  But i found a research stating that the risk did not increase in low risk patients.  Moreover, the same studies showed that among participants who became diabetic during observation, consumption of one egg a day doubled their risk compared with less than one egg a week.
Actually we require cholesterol for cells formation, steroid hormones, vit d formation and many other important functions.. But the daily requirment is fulfilled by our normal diet and a big NO to egg yolk..
For more queries on the topic do ask..
For more updates follow me...
Happy to help.. :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51