Anti-inflammatory diet advice?

3 posts | Original | Recent
2 Posts
Aug 8, 2014 7:28am
via iOS
I was prescribed anti-inflammatories to take last year for chronic hip pain, but refused because I'm against things like that. I started an anti-inflammatory diet, but not sure if I'm getting enough nutrients. I'm trying to get some advice as to how to get all my nutrients without supplements. Any/all advice would help!
144 Posts
Aug 9, 2014 7:00am

Hi Darla. Would help us to know what you eat (and don't eat). And while there are lots of folks on here who will want to help, it might be smart to check with a real dietitian if you are concerned. 

2 Posts
Aug 9, 2014 6:26pm
Thanks for responding. I've researched online in the past about foods I should and shouldn't be eating in order to decrease inflammation and compiled a list. I'm supposed to stay away from- or cut down on- processed foods, trans fat, fried foods, sugar, iodized salt, food additives, dairy, wheat (as well as other gluten-containing grains), and red meat. I'm supposed to be consuming more omega-3's, fruits & vegetables, lean protein such as chicken, and spices. I'm not trying to make it an elimination diet, because that's very restricting and more tempting to break. I'm thinking of it more as a change for a better lifestyle and when given the choice, choosing the better option for my body. I don't know how much it would cost to see a dietician, but viewing my family's financial status right now, I doubt we'd have the money for me to go see one. I'm simply looking for some advice and to see what others do because I figured I can't be the only person on here who's on this diet.
12 Aug
I suggest you research how to balance your ph with your food choices. Mostly what has been recommended incorporates that.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51