Ideas for snacks in between meals??

16 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 12, 2014 7:36pm
via Android

I know I'm supposed to eat 5-6 times a day, 3 meals and snacks in between meals...i just don't know what to eat as a snack and how big a snack should be. Helpp! I'm 4'10, 110 pounds, at a healthy weight.

12 Aug
Snacks can be anything you like, but keep it healthy. Fruits, nuts , veggies, protein/granola bars, yogurt etc. As far as size goes it all depends on your caloric intake for the day and your goals. I have a past post topic that deals with finding you caloric intake you could check out if interested . It is titled"Not losing weight? Are you eating enough .
26 Aug
I really like drinking half portions of a tasty whey protein its really filling and quite good for you and like others said nuts are great munching on celery and peanut butter with rasins is very tasty and nutritious
06 Sep
Peanut butter green leafy veggies and anything that fits Watch our percentages.. but make sure its nutrient dense Watch your macros and overall calories.
06 Sep
Dip strawberries or bananas in yogurt and free them! Its so yummy!
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Aug 13, 2014 12:55am
via Android

Mom always told me to eat an Apple . But there Are more snacks but I Don 't know what else than the Apple that's really healthy.

Image_thumb
33 Posts
Aug 13, 2014 1:37am
via Android

Making your own musli, oat or snack bars is not to hard, making your own trailmix is also good and yoghurt snacks ill give some examples,

Make up a bread mix of oats, sherded coconut and brown rice flour ad 99.9% non fat skim milk to wet the mix a little and use that as a base in a baking tray for musli bars add some fruit like apple or berries and some seeds and nuts natural honey to bind the nuts on top and bake, cut to desired size. You can also cover in yoghurt and freeze for yoghurt tops if you want.

Aug 13, 2014 2:29am
via Android

Almonds. They are packed with nutrient that our bodies love, and it only takes a handful to help you feel full. Blue diamond has different flavors so you don't get burned out. The flavors consist of dark chocolate.  Yes I said dark chocolate,  blueberry, raspberry,  and blueberry.  They are also a low calorie food.

Fruits and raw veggies are also a great snack for in between meals.

14 Aug
Sesame sticks, almonds, cashews dried fruit, granola bars.
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Sep 4, 2014 8:50pm
via iOS
I personally really love string cheese. It's a go-to for me. Also yogurt, grapes and granola bars are good options too.
Image_thumb
22 Posts
Sep 4, 2014 9:12pm
via Android

Hard boiled eggs! Can never eat too many eggs :)

Icon_missing_thumb
16 Posts
Sep 4, 2014 9:50pm
via Android

I Like having a Peanut Butter & Honey Samdwich its like 460 calories but really filling and well Yesssssss (dont.knock it till you try it)

04 Sep
Kelvin dude I eat that everyday haha soooo good
04 Sep
So do I!!!!! Its perfect Tbh i made it because supplies were scarce xD
05 Sep
Weres the bananas?
371452_1036841121_1214882606_n_thumb
1 Post
Sep 5, 2014 4:29am
via Android

My Dr said a boiled egg is perfect! Keep some already boiled in the fridge. Mega protein helps to push you on through :-)

Image_thumb
140 Posts
Sep 5, 2014 3:44pm
via Android

Pita bread and hummus, or plain greek yogurt with blueberries, I also like the dark chocolate sea salt kind bars. :)

Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Sep 5, 2014 10:14pm
via Android

I'm into fat-free yoghurt, boiled egg, nuts (especially almonds), & pickled herring as snacks.

Image_thumb
1 Post
Sep 6, 2014 1:00am
via Android

Peanut butter, honey, and cinnamon on whole wheat...nicely done

Image_thumb
108 Posts
Sep 8, 2014 7:11am
via Android

I used to snack on big macs

19051_276768871820_5397334_n_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 8, 2014 7:52am
via Android

Nature Valley Honey Bars and tiny sips of water makes it a dry bar or turns into almost  a quick sweet oatmeal with out having to do all the mixing. And they are cheap.

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Sep 8, 2014 10:18am
via Android

Eat nuts. Preferably not salted or coated. They are a great source of protein and quite a filling snack to have inbertween meals.

12 Sep
They also have good fat. Just don't eat too much, one hand full each day is ok because they have much calories.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Sep 8, 2014 1:10pm
via Android

I warm up a high protien low calorie low carb chocolate covered protein bar. It hits the spot with my sweet tooth and it's healthy

Image_thumb
77 Posts
Nov 1, 2014 2:07am
via Android

Granola bars nuts protei bar raisins

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51