Nutrition advice

2 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 15, 2014 6:37pm
via Android

I have downloaded the "My Fitness Pal" app & it is great in healping me keep up with my food intake. It gives me daily nutritional goals to reach in order to not starve myself, but also to lose weight. I'm having trouble reaching some goals, while exceeding some others. For example, my calorie intake for today is 1850, & I'm coming in on a daily basis around 1200-1500. Still coming in short on fiber & protein too but I'm full & really don't want to eat anymore or else I'm gonna be miserable. I'm meeting my water intake too. Meeting my nutritional goals is like trying to piece a puzzle together & I'm having trouble getting all the pieces to fit.

Image_thumb
166 Posts
Aug 15, 2014 7:05pm
via Android

Apps like that are great tools to track calories.  But they also do a great job monitoring portion sizes (my issue, lol) and nutrition as you said.  It can be hard to get everything you need in under 1800 calories (mine is 1600).  You just have to tinker until you find balances. For example, I wasn't even coming close to my daily fiber so I bought all bran cereal (20 grams in only 1 cup) but under 200 calories. I had the same issue with protein until I bought protein powder! Now I'm always hittin my protein every day and because I like to put the protein in smoothies I've noticed that I'm now getting more fruit into my diet! Win Win! Anyway, I know exactly how frustrating it can be to find that balance but I also really enjoyed learning about nutrition while I was tinkering.  Enjoy the journey and good luck

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51