Creatine Monohydrate?

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
159 Posts
Sep 13, 2014 2:14pm
via Android

Hello,

Just wanted to know if someone has used the supplement creatine monohydrate?

Does it actually make a difference? What does it do? Or is it all in the mind.. Also does it make you bloated?

Does it improve your lactic threshold and make you do more reps?

I mostly have a vegetarian diet so I learnt that my body's creatine would be low.

Thanks in advance :)

13 Sep
Creatine does have benefits but its not a wonder drug .. stay away from tablets or modified as you loose its benefit for profitablity :-)
13 Sep
Thanks Matt, but it still makes me curious. Lol
13 Sep
And yes il keep in mind to avoid the tablet form :)
13 Sep
I would say a couple of extra kgs for few minutes longer when you have done the stacking process...I use creatine and have done for 4 years on and off
13 Sep
I see. It's nice to know what to expect :) Thanks
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Sep 13, 2014 2:32pm
via Android

I take kre alkalyn efx. It's creatine but supposedly it is a buffered form of it. So far I have been getting all the benefits from creatine without the bloating. I've tried different products and this has been the only one that doesn't get me bloated. But yes any creatine will def give extra pump and help you gain lean mass.

13 Sep
Thanks Jovon, will look into that brand. Does it make a difference as far as the workout? Like does it increase the number of reps you can do by increasing the lactic acid threshold?
13 Sep
I think to get the best understanding of what creatine is how it works etc etc. Take the time to read this article it's very informative and it's written by experts. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne13.htm
13 Sep
Will do now. Thanks Jovon
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jul 1, 2016 9:33pm
via Android

I have taken creatine for many years while I was playing football through highschool and college. I can tell you that it is not worth taking unless you are in some type of physical competition simply because you only maintain the results you get from it while you are taking it. Also, taking creatine made me gain several pounds of extra water weight. My weight would fluctuate from 212-220 lbs on a daily basis. More water needs to be consumed regularly because of that. If not it will be hard on your kidneys. When dehydrated, my kidneys felt like they were being squeezed slightly. Although my weight fluctuated so much, it did make it easier for me to keep track of my hydration levels. Yes, I would get stronger on my lifts after a week or two of supplementing creatine but once it was out of my system I was back to where I was strength and weight wise. It does work but only while it's in your system. It's not necessary at all for fitness gains. It only helps to get a slight advantage during competition.

02 Jul
yeah I had posted this a while ago and I did try creatine in this while. The first time I felt like a bazooka. lol. sudden energy. Now I avoid it because it feels like cheating. I want real strength. my weight didn't fluctuate too much. But I don't want to mess with my kidneys either. So now the bottle is just lying around. Thanks for the reply :) It was better cause you said it from experience.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51