Protein shake! I need help.

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
20 Posts
Sep 22, 2014 8:01pm
via iOS
Hi, i'm currently toning abs and arms and i wonder if drinking whey after workout will help me and not make me too bulky. Also, can you please tell me the difference between whey and casein? Thanks!!

Love, B
22 Sep
Stick with whey isolate if you want lean muscle. Definitely won't make you bulky. Casein is a slow digesting protein (because the body has a hard time digesting it), there are much healthier options for slower proteins. Like eggs for instance.
22 Sep
Personally drinking whey isn't really what I would do, it can give us girls the bulky unattractive male muscles instead of those toned female muscles. Stick to natural protien, nuts, chick peas, and chicken breast. Read meat is harder to digest but low fat meats like deer or steaks are ok. Hamburger and processed meats like bologna and hotdogs are protein but they will give u added waste and u won't be able to see results, aka fattening.
Image_thumb
731 Posts
Sep 22, 2014 9:49pm
via iOS
Will it make you to bulky? No!!
Will it help you build muscle and tone up? Possibly.
Do you need it? Probably not.
Will it give you a slight advantage over someone who doesn't take it? Yes it Will!
Sep 22, 2014 10:07pm
via Android

احب

Image_thumb
731 Posts
Sep 22, 2014 10:13pm
via iOS
Whey is absorbed faster, and is cheaper.
Don't waste money on isolates unless you're lactose intolerant.
22 Sep
The way it was put to me was to use the whey before and after workouts and caesin before bed cause it is slow absorbing and you need fast absorbing right after exercise if you choose to take protein powders.
24 Sep
This is true.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Sep 23, 2014 4:00am
via Android

I drink whey protein (egg white) by Jay Rob one shake after every moderate workout. 1 bananas and handfull of strawberries, 1 scoop, scoops look big, but 1 scoop = 30g of protein. I hope this helps and inspires you to take protein but make sure its right for you dont be scared to try different ones. After having my baby i was still 202lbs my baby is now 11 month and im down to 148lbs. You can say i lost weight slow but clothes was looser even though scale said other wise. The protein mixed with the fruit worked as a substitute for energy drinks, so i wasnt tiered after my workouts. I love the protein i take it even comes with little recipies to help you get different tastes in with out getting borred or hating what you are drinking. The one thing you dont want to do is take protein whithout having at least 3 days of cardio as a women i know how hard it is for us to lose weight, but like i said just try it dont go by your scale, go by results you are seeing in the mirror. good luck.

23 Sep
So much pseudoscience going on here. Don't even know where to start.
Image_thumb
20 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 5:10pm
via iOS
Thank you all for your answers! 
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Oct 3, 2014 11:24am
via Android

You will always need some protein after any physically activity you do, because you are tearing up your muscle fibers and protein rebuilds it, if you're not looking to build extreme muscle then you wont need so much protein, but I WOULD TAKE A PROTEIN AFTER. YOU can take whey, but I'd stick to a healthy product. Like warrior blend. Depends on your taste buds. Check out my posts. :)

254513_229795093713766_5014574_n_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 4, 2014 10:03pm
via Android

My protein is over and I am looking forward 2 West it

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51