Diet or no Diet?

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
58 Posts
Sep 24, 2014 2:31am

Im confused about my diet routine. Lately every time I eat "diet" food I end up messing it up by eating something off the menu. So I end up eating the diet food plus the fattening foods. This is ridiculous. Should I just eat my non "diet" food? I mean I feel like Im eating more if I diet. What should I do? Any suggestions?

24 Sep
Eat slower it takes about 15-20 minutes for the brain to tell the body to stop your full
24 Sep
Instead of focusing on what is or isn't "allowed", you should focus on balanced meals. I'm a vegetarian, so it might be a little different for me, but for dinner I always have something with protein, something with carbs, some vegetables, a piece of fruit, and then sometimes dessert. Because you aren't eliminating fatty foods, just limiting them, you won't crave them and go overboard.
24 Sep
No diet! Its eating healthy and portion control! Don't overhaul your habits all at once but make changes every few days so you don't feel overwhelmed. I started by reducing 1 soda a day for a week and continued until I just didn't drink anymore (took me 3 weeks) but have not had one is over 3 years and don't miss them!
24 Sep
Wow Anthony, really? I wish I could do that. But yeah, I get you. No diet. Its a lifechange. I have to do what is comfortable for me and change slowly. Yeah. I did it too fast. I need to progress into it.
24 Sep
Water is my best friend :-) and have to have my morning coffee! You've got this so hang in there!
Image_thumb
231 Posts
Sep 24, 2014 3:55am
via Android

Like Henry said, eat slower.

24 Sep
Ill try to eat slower but two of my meals are liquids. They are veggie/fruit smoothies. But Ill see what I can do.
24 Sep
You can work out while you drink it like, sip, run, sip, run.
25 Sep
idk. Doesn't that give you cramps?
Image_thumb
58 Posts
Sep 24, 2014 2:55pm

Thanks guys for all your input. I appreciate it.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51