2 Posts
Sep 29, 2014 5:11am
via Android

How do I do?

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 7:01am
via Android

Well, you obviously you have to work out .
Since you want to build muscle, it is important that you do more of weight training than cardio 'cause doing cardio reduces fat at the expense of losing muscle.
I don't take supplements but personally I believe that natural proteins are the safest :)

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 7:02am
via Android

Proteins that are great for muscle building are red meat like pork, lamb and the like, fish like tuna, salmon & mackerel, poultry breast from chicken and turkey, eggs especially egg whites (They are high in cholestrol but taking 1 or 2 isn't unhealthy) and dairy like milk & yogurt.
Also include carbs into your diet. To build muscle, your diet should consist of 1500 calories of carbs per day. You can take sweet potato, brown basmathi rice, rolled oats, wholemeal spaghetti and other carbs that are low on the Glycemic index.
You could also intake healthy fats like olive oil, fish, nuts, pumpkin seeds and soy products but stay away from saturated and trans fats like ice cream, candy bars, fried foods and packaged snack foods.
And the last thing is to consume fiber. Leaves like spinach and brocolli ensure you have the right amount of vitamins.

1507660_10152111133619321_1412961256_n_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 7:03am
via Android

Do you have a specific diet?

Image_thumb
12 Posts
Sep 30, 2014 7:20am
via Android

Not really :-P .
I just have enough protein & carbs and I cut down on junk food.
But I do have a timing for my meals. On the days that I work out, I eat big for breakfast (ie before hitting the gym) and eat alot right after training. These are the times when when muscles crave more calories and nutrients-at breakfast because you're nutritionally depleted after a night's sleep and after training because the stressed muscles need nutrition to kick-start the recovery process. Divide your other meals into smaller portions. This ensures that the extra calories go to the muscles when they need them.
On non-training days, I take a lesser amount of carbs. Doing this increases your insulin levels which not only forces protein to your muscles and stabilize your testosterone levels. However DON'T take a lot if carbs 'cause some of those carbs may end up as body fat. So eat fewer carbs on the non-training days.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51