Indulgences, bad or good?

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
58 Posts
Oct 14, 2014 4:07pm
via Android

I dont know if having a few cookies everyday is bad. I say this because I do well the rest of the day. I just indulge myself in some cookies everyday. I mean, is that bad to do if im doing so well on everything else. But ofcourse I only lose about 1 or 2 pounds per week. If I dont end up gaining weight at times. I would find it daunting if I just eat clean. Are the cookies sabbotaging my weightloss?

14 Oct
Yes they are! Indulgences are excuses and justifications. But we're all only human right? But, when you die, do you want the last thing you ate too be a carrot? I know I don't.
14 Oct
And if you aren't a clean eater and love it, it's hard to have a sustenance only mentality.
14 Oct
Thank you. I cant stop eating my indulgences. It does keep me motivated.
Image_thumb
612 Posts
Oct 14, 2014 4:39pm
via Android

I find that denying myself just makes it hard to stay good with regards to eating.  If i fancy something unhealthy i have it on occasion.... But you know what?  As i get healthier i find i prefer not to cheat as often. 
I suggest that if you fancy it as long as it is not regularly then go for it.... In the long run it will help you maintain motivation

14 Oct
Thank you. That sounds great.
Image_thumb
1 Post
Oct 14, 2014 11:18pm
via iOS
Do you find yourself craving cookies at the same time every day? If your blood sugar regularly dips at the same time, maybe you could schedule a healthy snack about half an hour to an hour before then?
Of course, I don't think there's anything wrong with a couple of cookies. Especially if you find it helps you keep up other healthy habits. All about balance, right? 
And if it is a blood sugar related craving and you're trying to exercise and not eat.... I know I'd be saying hell no to one of them. 
14 Oct
Well, you might be right cause I usually crave them more at night. Before bed. Like what should I eat instead?
15 Oct
Any healthy snack should be fine, more about preventing a blood sugar dip than substituting. I don't know what kind of snacks you like or any allergies or eating requirements you might have. Snacks I like are yogurt, cheese, bananas, almonds, cashews, dried mango, apple, rice cakes (especially with peanut butter). You can also search Pinterest for snack ideas. I love Pinterest for recipes. I know hard boiled eggs are supposed to be really good for you but I ate them too much as a kid and can't eat them without gagging now...
15 Oct
Wow. I never thought of those as snacks. I love your list. It sounds really really good. Ill defenitely get them next time I go grocery shopping. Thank you.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51