How many calories should i really be consuming daily to add/keep weight??

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
73 Posts
Oct 16, 2014 12:01pm
via Android

So so comfused about how much to eat. A PT at the gym said to download an app to set goals with my eating. I have done this and the app says to aim for 1650 calories per day, thought these maybe quite low to gain weight as a womans daily intake should be more? Added with x3 gym sessions per week...can anyone offer some advice on this please?

16 Oct
I love ur titd
16 Oct
Use myfitnesspal to track your intake. Just tell it your goal and ass you log your workouts it should help you better understand this.
16 Oct
Yeah thats the app i have
16 Oct
You should be eating 3000 calories a day. Working out uses a lot of food and to gain weight you will need a lot more
16 Oct
Gosh so you think double the calories? Wow this is gonna be hard to get it in in a healthy way tho & expensive too!
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Oct 16, 2014 1:08pm
via iOS
Hi Kim! That does seem a little low to gain weight..however muscle gain should be a gradual process to minimize any unwanted fat gain..just as fat loss should be gradual to not lose as much muscle...the only way you will know forsure is to keep with a set number of calories for at least a week and see if you've gained or lost weight and how your body has changed and adjust calories up or down from there
16 Oct
Maybe thats why then as its giving me that amount to do it gradually. Im 67-68kgs and would like to maybe get to 75kgs. If i follow the app i have it says i will reach my target in 5 weeks. So maybe it is ok, but what you have suggested sounds good, thank you.
16 Oct
I agree with both Mikes. If u wanna gain more u have to take in more. Go girl!!! Keep it up!!! Stay strong. U got this. :)
Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Oct 16, 2014 9:18pm
via iOS
Search for your BMR (Basel metabolic Rate) online. It tells you exactly how many calories you need to maintain your weight

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51