Who else hates to cook?

6 posts | Original | Recent
55 Posts
Oct 26, 2014 2:38am
via Android

I really dislike cooking. The prep and the cleanup and the time-consuming-ness. It's been a huge barrier in my efforts to become healthier.

However, I'm learning that when I plan and prepare a really healthy meal, I feel really, really good about myself.

Tonight I had a spicy black bean burger (just the patty, not a sandwich) topped with roasted corn salsa, and a salad with baby spinach, sugar snap peas, blackberries, and raspberry vinaigrette dressing. I'm about to have chocolate-cherry Greek yogurt for dessert.

Is it perfect? Of course not. But it was quick, easy, it tasted great and I feel fantastic. It's a huge step up from how I've been eating for the past 26 years.

I feel like sharing this sense of satisfaction.

What are your favorite low-effort, low-mess healthy meals?

5 Posts
Oct 26, 2014 2:43am
via Android

I absolutely know what you mean and can agree.. I never really learned to cook major things only knew a few basics. I have recently decided it's time to start preparing most of my meals in an effort to eat healthier as well..  The time does suck lol but I to feel better knowing I'm eating good.  Good job and keep it up

1 Post
Oct 26, 2014 5:27am
via iOS
When I was young I loved cooking, but now that I'm in college it seems like the worst idea in the world. There's no way around it if you want to be healthy :( sure wish there were.
171 Posts
Oct 26, 2014 7:10am
via Android

I definitely do not hate cooking, but I can still understand the effort part. My biggest tip for that is to start to make bigger potions for whatever you like... Soups, sauces, burgers, etc and freeze them. You can even make your own freezer lasagna for example.

Nothing wrong with your meal at all, sounds good to me :)

520 Posts
Oct 26, 2014 11:06pm
via Android

Me lol but it's not much of a problem for me as I have hired help who does all the cooking for so I don't really need to cook myself to eat clean :D don't if I would've been able to eat clean if I'd to prepare every meal myself.. fealing horrified

16 Posts
Oct 26, 2014 11:11pm
via Android

Me cus im a guy xD

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51