Just Starting

2 posts | Original | Recent

Nov 6, 2014 3:28pm
via Android

So my hubby and I are recently married and we both decided to get into shape. I started doing food prep on Sundays for the entire week for both of us. In fact, I did what's called "mason jar meals" for breakfast and lunch. It helps with portion control and it's nice since it's grab and go meals. I've recently become a paleo addict and I've converted him to being the same way (minus some cheat meals), but I'm looking for more meal ideas. Please share some if you have them!

10 Nov
Welcome to Skimble :-)
Image_thumb
55 Posts
Nov 7, 2014 2:21am
via Android

I eat a lot of salads. To make it easy I wash and cut up all my vegetables as soon as I buy them. That way they're ready to toss together. As a bonus, when I'm hungry for a snack, pre-sliced veggies are every bit as convenient as potato chips, so there's no excuse to reach for junk food! If you want to add protein, then prepare a bunch of chicken beforehand as well. Already cooked and chopped up, easy to toss right into a salad.

That's what has worked for me, I just feel like cooking is so inconvenient and I hate it, so I found ways to make food prep convenient. Figure out what your go-to excuses are, and find ways to eliminate them.

Good luck! And congrats on finding your soul mate!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51