Protein or carbs for weight gain?

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
73 Posts
Nov 12, 2014 2:30pm
via Android

So a friend (pt) has told me eat MORE carbs less protein to gain the weight. Which im having trouble doing atm. But info from others and the net suggests protein??

12 Nov
Take carbs 2h or 1h30 before training, banana and 7dates.. For post workout take a shake of whey protein or any source of protein u want ( 30g max ) .. now we've 2 meals.. we need 3 or 4 other meals.. 1/ Breakfast: - carbs and some natural sugar, like: oatmeal, milk, n add juice of dates if it possible and banana.. or something like that.. just google it 2/ snack: dessert fruit 3/ midday: vegetables, rice, protein ( beef, chicken ) 4/ soup.. Sorry for my bad eng :$ :( Whishing u the best!
Image_thumb
77 Posts
Nov 12, 2014 2:52pm
via Android

Both oviosly u need both

Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 12, 2014 3:09pm
via Android

Def both!!! U shouldnt ever really not consume any protein

Image_thumb
73 Posts
Nov 12, 2014 3:14pm
via Android

I mean the ratiom till now my ratio has been more protein, loads but im gonna change to carbs as im not gaining

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Nov 12, 2014 5:28pm
via Android

52 % carbs 32 % protein 10-14 % 10 - 14 healthy fats

12 Nov
And 20 calories per pound of bodyweight for healthy lean mass gain
Image_thumb
68 Posts
Nov 12, 2014 5:41pm
via Android

Well carbs can cause gain weight by fats. While protein is best for gain weight by muscles but with muscle building workouts ofcourse :)

12 Nov
Im agree with u, but we need both of them BUT needed to know when we consume them!
Image_thumb
73 Posts
Nov 12, 2014 5:44pm
via Android

See i figure up my carbs, keeping the protein in with it aswell. Im working out almost everyday, surely the fat gain from carbs will just be burned straight away anyway. For me i think just a high protein diet (which ive been on for 5 weeks) is just not enough. The scales have stayed exactly the same!

12 Nov
When u workout everyday, u loose alot of calories, try to workout 3times, 'n focus on the muscles that you want them to grow up, with a clean and integrated diet, if u want to add a shake of Whey protein then to become a FULL diet!
12 Nov
Get your carbs from sweet potatoes, brown rice, oatmeals or whole wheat products with fast digesting carbs such as honey and fruits around your workouts
Image_thumb
13 Posts
Nov 12, 2014 6:08pm
via Android

Protein is best for muscle carbs are best for fat

12 Nov
Protein for growing up, carbs ans natural sugars for energy, plus a UNSATURATED fats are GOod for your Hearth, your Cholesterol, and your overall health.
Image_thumb
73 Posts
Nov 12, 2014 8:36pm
via Android

Im just eating sweet potatoes and brown rice, brown breads and im going to start having oats in the mornings. Thanks for the advice everyone i really appreciate it.

12 Nov
Just butter and cheese in small portions will help

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51