Healthy breakfast.

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Nov 14, 2014 9:29pm
via Android

I'm not big on breakfast food, but I know it's the most important meal of the day and have been eating eggs and Turkey bacon, but it's hard not to eat some type of bread with it. Is that bad? And any ideas of healthy breakfast meals?

14 Nov
For breakfast u can eat what u want because body have all day to burn this energy. Best bread is if u baking by yourself, always know what u put in it! If u have bread baker its easy and tasty.
16 Nov
100% whole grain over whole wheat. I think its easier to digest and healthier or so I've heard.
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Nov 14, 2014 9:35pm
via Android

Bread is not bad! Find something with brown carbs like 100% whole wheat or rye and make sure you eat it with some sort of protein. It also helps if you can find good bread from a local bakery. The stuff on the grocery store is loaded with high fructose corn syrup and preservatives. I have whole wheat toast with eggs over easy almost every morning. It's pretty quick and provides lasting energy to help you get your day going! Hope this helps.

14 Nov
Alright thanks for the advice. I'm a sucker for bread, can't lie lol. And I only like bakery bread. I will try that.
14 Nov
Who can say no to bread when you can make an almond butter banana sandwich?
Image_thumb
166 Posts
Nov 14, 2014 10:51pm
via Android

Everyone swears by oatmeal but I'm not a fan.  I usually have a fiber and protein enriched muffin and a banana. 

14 Nov
That's a good idea. Can't say no to muffins.
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Nov 14, 2014 11:26pm
via Android

When I'm in a rush . Chobanni Greek yogurt with fiber one cereal and some fruit.

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 14, 2014 11:42pm
via Android

Muesli is a good option and leaves you feeling full.  It's great with some cinnamon and a touch of honey.

300x300_thumb
168 Posts
Nov 15, 2014 1:27am
via Android

Oatmeal, chop up a banana and a little honey and maybe cinnamon. Egg whites or whole eggs and toast. And lastly, green tea.

Oatmeal has carbs for the sugar spike.
Eggs has protein for the lean muscles.

Like you mention before, breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it sets up your day. If you fuel your body right from the beginning you'll be golden all day.

15 Nov
Although it's really good for you, Oatmeal is actually a low glycemic index food so it doesn't spike blood sugar. Very complex carbs in whole grain digest very slowly which is why they are so good for sustained energy.
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Nov 15, 2014 11:32pm
via Android

Oatmeal with peanut butter and bananas or grapes
3 whole eggs 3 egg whites boiled and apple juice  (home made) :)

Image_thumb
38 Posts
Nov 16, 2014 12:34am
via Android

I like cream of wheat. High in iron & only 60 calories.

Image_thumb
327 Posts
Nov 16, 2014 12:56am
via Android

I cant eat alot of bread,i eat crsp bread with marmite and a shake

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Nov 16, 2014 1:02pm
via iOS
I agree with most of the suggestions below.. And I'm hungry now!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51