Store bought protein shakes

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 16, 2014 4:32pm
via Android

Do they work as good as mixing your own protein powder in a shake?? I would love to be able to use store bought ones sometimes to save time. thanks

16 Nov
Some of them are ok, it depends what you want though, for example mine has zero carbs in it and others have high carbs.. As with anything, read the label. They don't do you any harm if they're a good label
16 Nov
Thanks !
18 Nov
As everyone has stated read the label. Number 1 rule is to read the label. But if I were to recommend something it'd to buy a protein powder you like and works for you, and get a shaker cup. Keep the protein in your gym bag or car for.easy access and just add some water. This is way faster than stopping at the store and may save you money in the end
Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 16, 2014 11:35pm
via Android

Anymore advice?

Icon_missing_thumb
6 Posts
Nov 17, 2014 1:04pm
via Android

Could u share wht r d ingriedent do u add to prepare home protien shake?thanks Karen

17 Nov
I normally buy whey protein powder and mix it in with a fruit smoothie :)
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Nov 18, 2014 2:09am
via Android

As with any protein shakes you should really read the label. Some of them are good, some of them not so good. The most popular pre mixed is probably muscle milk which I stay away from at all costs. It has so much saturated fat in it it's crazy. My recommendations: if you want just whey protein go for 100% gold standard by Optimum Nutrition if you want something more like a meal replacement so with Syntha-6 by BSN! Hope this helps!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51