Quick sources of protein?

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Nov 18, 2014 5:15pm
via Android

Hi people! I just recently quit smoking (15 days today) and started working out regularly, also drinking lots of water. Just wanted to know if you guys had any suggestions for a quick source of protein? I already take a protein shake in the morning and after my workout. I'm looking for things that I can eat as a snack at work. I just discovered that canned herring fillets have 19 grams of protein per can, and I know about hard boiled eggs. Suggestions? Thx!

18 Nov
Nuts, peanut butter, low fat cottage cheese, milk
18 Nov
Thank you Raja!
19 Nov
Thanks for everyone's input, I just went out and bought a bag of mixed nuts (half of it is almonds) and some strawberry flavoured Greek yoghurt. I noticed there was a 4g difference in protein between the flavoured (14gr per 3/4 cup) and the plain (18gr per 3/4 cup) but I don't really enjoy the plain yoghurt, something I have to work on lol.
19 Nov
lol, yeah same here. Greek plain yogurt is not the tastiest thing but don't hesitate to add to it. I add chopped fruits, nuts and granola. Going to try oats in a few minutes.
19 Nov
Kako si presto pusit?
Image_thumb
38 Posts
Nov 18, 2014 7:43pm
via Android

Sardines

18 Nov
Thanks Linda! Yes I bought a few cans of sardines as well as the herring. The sardines have 16gr per can.
300x300_thumb
168 Posts
Nov 18, 2014 7:53pm
via Android

My inbetween meal snack are...

Peanuts
Almond
Any nuts really...
Greek yogurt this baby has 22g in 1/4 cup
Edamame

18 Nov
That's great! Thanks Lee!
Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 18, 2014 8:59pm
via Android

Yogurt ,nuts ,cheese ,almond milk

18 Nov
Thanks Karen!
18 Nov
Greek yogurt and almonds are a great source and they're super healthy!
Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Nov 18, 2014 9:34pm
via Android

Nuts are great source of protein and healthy fats.

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Nov 19, 2014 8:58am
via Android

What I take to work to get my protein fix on break is Chobanni Greek yogurt w fiber one ceral. Cliffs builders protein bars. Hard build eggs. Canned salmon. Smoked salmon. Nuts. Fried tofu.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51