High protein foods

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
22 Posts
Nov 24, 2014 2:26am
via Android

I work out 4 times a week targeting my legs, lower chest, and upper chest, as well as run after every work out session but my results haven't progressed past losing weight. I am trying to tone myself now but it is difficult. What are some foods that can help with this?

24 Nov
I just asked a similar question recently and got some great answers. Nuts, Greek yoghurt, fish (tuna, canned herring, sardines), hemp hearts, chicken, protein shakes, protein bars. These are just a few of many, do a Google search for a much more extensive list. Good luck and keep going strong!!
24 Nov
Thanks! I eat greek yogurt anyways because unfortunately I'm lactose intolerant, so I guess it's a good thing! I also eat peanuts but I think other nuts are better.
24 Nov
I've heard Almonds are really good for protein. Also make sure you eat something every few hours to keep your body fuelled. I also just recently found out about casein protein, it's a slow release protein that you can find naturally in hard boiled eggs, tuna or buy some at a health store (GNC). Have some a half hour before bed to give your body something to feed on while you sleep so it doesn't take away from your muscles. I'm not sure of the whole science of it but that's what I read! Lol.
Image_thumb
365 Posts
Nov 24, 2014 2:32am
via Android

Fresh fruits, meat, nuts, peanut butter, cheese

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Nov 24, 2014 8:41am
via Android

If you eat carbs bulgur and quinoa are great options, since they're high in protein as well.

Image_thumb
327 Posts
Nov 24, 2014 9:23am
via Android

Be careful with peanut butter,good ones with no sugar at health shop

Image_thumb
68 Posts
Nov 24, 2014 9:28am
via Android

20% workout and 80% Diet.
When losing weight usually this percentage works. Then try 50~50 as you progress with muscle toning or building.

24 Nov
Like do workouts 4-5 a week it's good. But try to focus on your Diet more perhaps there lies the problem if you are still not losing weight. Low carbs low fat low sugar high protein more fiber more water. That stuff and just mind the quantity aswell
24 Nov
It's still 70 percent diet while gaining go for 2-3 gms of protein per pound of bodyweight and 20 cals per pound of bodyweight in general with good slow digesting carbs check out my monthly progressive pictures and if you'd want I'd hook u u up with an outline of my diet. I increased everywhere except my waist so yeah
24 Nov
The thing is I don't really wanna bulk up. I wanna be slim more like slim lean type. With small waist. Not really wanna build muscle mass much. Well a Lil BOOTY won't hurt but yeah haha
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Nov 24, 2014 8:15pm
via iOS
Reading some of the comments I have to disagree with some of them.. 2-3G of protein per lb is a hell of a lot of protein! Most workout programs recommend 1-1.5g at most. Be careful with almonds as they are good for you (healthy fats) but high in calories. 1 tablespoon of peanut butter is enough for a day as it's also got healthy fats in it. For protein I stick to chicken/turkey/salmon/broccoli/tuna (no more than two or three cans a week coz of the Mercury content)/cottage cheese. Oatmeal for carbs along with sweet potato, make sure there's vegetables or salad with every meal. Spinach is good with breakfast. And if you can eat them EGGS!! Lots of EGGS!! I have 3 eggs and 3 egg whites every morning.. Yummy!!!
24 Nov
Lol I eat eggs and spinach together like a religion! Every breakfast. But thanks for the advice about the other things as well!
25 Nov
Mmmm, eggs, the ultimate superfood! Does 1-1.5 g protein mean 1-1.5 g protein source or protein content?
25 Nov
Content. I keep saying though, unless you wanna compete just eat a good mixture of protein/carbs/greens/healthy fats and you can't go far wrong
25 Nov
Okay, thought so. It becomes so confusing with the mix-up of the metric system and pounds! I've gotten into my head now that one pound divided with 2,20 is one kilogram but it still requires some extra thinking. :)
26 Nov
I was recommending that on a gain diet I always keep my total macrocount at 52 % carbs 32 % protein fat and 12-15 % healthy fats. You can't go wrong with that much of protein if you drink enough water with it besides obesity has never been a problem for me so yeah
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 26, 2014 7:40pm
via Android

Any nuts or nut butter.  Eggs (hardboiled are a quick snack).  Quinoa is do good and very high in protein. 

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51