Top 6 Post Workout Meal

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Nov 25, 2014 6:59pm
via Android

What you eat after a workout matters! No matter what time of day you exercise, the key is to follow up with meals that combine protein, which helps your muscles recover, and carbohydrates, which replenish energy stores. Choosing the right post workout "meal" is just step one of the recovery process, says Karp. Besides what you use to re-fuel, when you do it is just as important. Recent research points to the importance of a post-exercise "meal" within 30 to 60 minutes of working out, at the point when muscle glycogen (energy) stores are at their lowest. "I generally recommend eating or drinking something in the first 20 minutes after a workout," said Mike Huff, coordinator of the Duke University Sports Performance Program. "At that point, your muscle fibers have been depleted and they're ready to suck something up."

1. Low fat Chocolet milk
2. Hardboiled egg
3. Veggies
4. Yogurt & Honey
5. Orange
6. Pineapples

Best of luck guys
Thank you...

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Nov 25, 2014 9:47pm
via Android

Whey protein shake with oats among other things

26 Nov
I don't understand your question!
26 Nov
It's not a question! It's a post workout meal/shake
26 Nov
Awww..... sorry for mistake... i thought u said why :p
26 Nov
19 Dec
Chocolate milk. With FULL FAT RAW MILK! No disrespect. But. Low fat means all the vitamin a,d,k,e. Are stripped out! EAT HEALTHY FATS!!! Sorry. Lol. Gotta tell everyone that fat is good. Insulin spikes make you fat and diabetic. Not fat
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Dec 19, 2014 3:15am
via Android

Yeah no worries :) and it wasn't my topic to begin with :p this is somebody else's post and a very old one at that too :p I get your point too people being so afraid by the fat content of foods who don't know jackshit about what kinds of fats are out there :p trying to avoid it and all

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51