Whey protein??

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Dec 1, 2014 8:56am
via Android

I have started regular exercise and healthy diet plan for aprox 50 days..mostly doing cardio and contraction exercises I have lost 11 kg so far and feeling strong and happier. My trainer suggested me to buy Whey protein powder as we are planning to start weight training from 15th dec. What is your take on this,I am in no hurry of building muscle but want to have a strong n healthy body and control my weight. I am still 5-6 kg overweight. Is there any cons of having whey powder everyday after workout. Will my progress be unhealthy and poor if I dont take whey and do weight training. Please help me making a decision based on your experience.

01 Dec
I don't think.you need whey protein but Do regular workout and Diet for maintain your weight and Increase your strength
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Dec 1, 2014 10:13am
via Android

Hey Ricky, I think it's best to look at it this way: your trainer said you will be doing weight training soon, your body needs more protein to help muscle grow. So this means eventually you'll be taking whey protein everyday. My advice would be to start taking it now, not everyday but every 3/4 days, let your body adapt to it and see how it reacts. Providing that you are doing enough exercise,  you would not need to worry about adding weight in fat.
All the best.

Image_thumb
13 Posts
Dec 1, 2014 12:58pm
via Android

Thanks..so looks like it has less side effects and if taken in right amount with regular workout it can actually help.

01 Dec
Yeah it has little negatives. Trust me it will help!
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Dec 2, 2014 8:08am
via Android

Whey protein side effects include but not limited to: increase of proper nutrition,  lean muscle mass support, speed up muscle recovery, and will help suppress sugar cravings. But don't take my word for it it's only science driven tested data that have supported professional athletes for decades.. my point is really, whey protein is only going to help you no matter what your goal is.

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Dec 2, 2014 8:45am
via Android

Whey can only help you if you take it properly. When I say properly I mean after your work out. You won't get ridiculously buff or massive if that's what you're worried about. It just helps you recover faster and get the most out of your work out.

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Dec 2, 2014 11:14am
via Android

Whey protein will make you grow man boobs unless u MAKE SURE YOU DON'T EAT ANY GREASY FOOD at all while taking it and lift weights atleast an hour out of everyday 7 days a week I've seen it happen more then once...I RECOMMEND YOU JUST INCREASE YOUR INTAKE ON EGGS, RED MEAT LIKE STEAK FOR EXAMPLE OR JUST PEANUTS FOR A SNACK THAT'S THE SURE WAY TO GO NO BS SHORTCUTSI wish u the best with whatever decision u make friend

02 Dec
Lol...Man boobs with greasy food
02 Dec
I will keep that in mind Brent..lol
31 Dec
09 Jan
This post makes me want to slam my head in a door
10678640_1477448002504672_8691456485686262844_n_thumb
5 Posts
Dec 5, 2014 6:13am
via Android

Hey cameron m in confusion ...as i order creatine for the first tym to boost ma energy do u hav any idea what it is pre or post workout

31 Dec
Hey Aman, sorry I only just saw this. Do you mean should you take creatine before or after your workout?
09 Jan
Yeahh i ws askin tht ...but cameron thnx i got it :p
09 Jan
Sure buddy? I find with creatine is just take it in a 2 litre bottle of water over a period of time each day or at least 3-5 times a week. As it's different to whey protein.
10678640_1477448002504672_8691456485686262844_n_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 9, 2015 7:49pm
Hmmm i get to knw..thnkuu

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51