Healthy and grain free...

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
56 Posts
Dec 5, 2014 5:09pm
via Android

I have always been into a healthy lifestyle and had days, weeks, months even where u felt very tired. 3 years I had a crash...complete exhaustion. My doctor after running some tests put me in paleo diet. I have never looked and felt better. I eat and eat not putting on weight. Im interested in hearing from you if you are on a paleo diet and how it has worked for you. Here's to a fit life stlye. Cheers.

Image_thumb
327 Posts
Dec 5, 2014 10:55pm
via Android

I dont believe in diets but ive been v tired alot of the time,I have tried this and alot of people do feel better,not sure if its good or not,what do u think was makin u tired

Image_thumb
56 Posts
Dec 5, 2014 11:04pm
via Android

It was definitely the wheat.  It was causing melabsobtion for me.  Gluten is an allergen.   I was tired also because a diet high on carbs drives insulin- insulin drives the adrenals,  then that disrupts other hormones thus creating a stress affect and weight gain.  Been doing my home work on this for 3 years now.  All inflammation I had has is gone.  I could keep writing.  Thanks for sharing and wishing great results in your fitness journey :)

05 Dec
What else can we read on this subject? Recommendations?
Image_thumb
56 Posts
Dec 5, 2014 11:18pm
via Android

@Micheal look up Dr Joseph Mercola and the gluten summit.   He's on face book too :)

05 Dec
Will do - thanks!
Image_thumb
327 Posts
Dec 5, 2014 11:42pm
via Android

Can I ask what u eat in a day??

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Dec 6, 2014 3:23am
via Android

You should realize mercola has no medical degree. He is a practitioner of "osteopathy", the belief that all diseases are caused by bone diseases. Your insulin blabber is merely that, blabber. Carbohydrates are sugars, and your body will break down fats to make sugar, flooding your body with more sugar. Sugar will not act like that.  And even more shocking is the fact that fruits have more carbohydrates than bread, potatoes, even more. Oligosaccharides (literally few sugars) are common in fruits. Polysaccharides are common in potatoes.  Stop this nonsense from a spreading on the internet.

06 Dec
This is not nonesense,some people have big trouble with wheat,this way of eating is good for me and worked,also what u sayibg about ostos think all problems come from bones is v wrong,they chek all the body and can tell of many problems,u should do ur homework,this girl spot in!
08 Dec
You should do you homework: grammar, physiology, analysis, and bio. The insulin was nonsense, when a fat is broken down, it produces a certain amount of glycol groups and 4 fatty acids.
08 Dec
You should do your homework too. Seeing as how you have worse grammar than most 13 year-olds. That and spelling. Second, Mercola is a doctor of Osteopathy. You didn't even WP him. How would you know. You didn't even click on the Osteopathy link.:-(
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Dec 7, 2014 4:41am
via Android

He is about as accurate as your grammar.  Second of all, he is a "Doctor of Osteopathy"

Osteos-greek, bone
Pathos-greek, disease.

Gluten problems are not caused by gluten, but rather a lack of a protein that digests gluten. In a similar vein, imagine a cystic fibrosis sufferer. There body cannot produce a protein that transports salt properly. To say that gluten is bad for all is to say salt will kill you. And on an end note, celiac disease (which also disallows consumption of gluten) is a caused by your cilia failing, because your body thinks the gluten is invading, but similar reaction occurs from a peanut butter allergy. Is it really that good to antagonize gluten when the truth is not that simple. Some celiac disease is hereditary, this isn't gluten's fault.

07 Dec
Sorry to say but this girls made a v good point,many suffer,have to agree to disagree
08 Dec
She doesn't make a point. Her point was "I'm healthy and Gluten-free". She doesn't argue for or against. She doesn't even argue. So she hasn't made a point, just an anecdote
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Dec 7, 2014 5:32pm
via Android

There is definitely a link between certain carbohydrates and health.
Several years ago I struggled with colitis to the point of barely able to work and about to have my colon removed.
I went on a diet similar to the paleo called the "specific carbohydrate diet" and cured myself.
There has since been a study of this diet done at Rush University.
It proves the diet works!
If interested check here:
http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/news/detail/2014-01-23/result-of-rush-university-scd-study-shows-the-diet-leads-to-better-microbial-gut-diversity/

By the way it's been 5 years since I stopped the diet and I'm still symptom free.

08 Dec
I checked your study (of 10 people( wow! Sample size!) Second the site is biased with incorrect info on SCD. The study is retrospective, it could easily be a Wakefield. Colitis and Celiac are caused by proteins reacting badly with gluten. Not gluten feeding bacteria. SCD incorrectly classifies discharges as
08 Dec
Dissacharides as harmful. Table sugar (sucrose) is a dissacharide with twice the strength of glucose. Fructose and glucose are the only on limits
08 Dec
Hey these people have suffered as I have,you may have alot of info but you should respect people who are suffering,we are not interested in what u have to say,you dont suffer lucky you
09 Dec
Oh god, you can't actually holed that as your belief, can you? Second of all, it seems as if they have a mild form of celiac disease. This is a straw man. Please avoid these. If you are dumb enough to believe that my intention was to harm the emotions of someone else, you are duly mistaken. I was merely commenting on her action of handing out unreliable sources and praising the paleolithic diet as a goto diet. Unfortunately people like you and Jenna McCarthy are damaging science and replacing it with uncredible pseudoscience and even worse claiming that sentimentality...
Image_thumb
327 Posts
Dec 9, 2014 1:39pm
via Android

Lets get this straight,this post helps people,we dont need alot of negative info,you are becoming rude,you can have all the info in the world but u dont suffer so kindly go away with ur unwanted info,think u may have to block this strange guy honey x

10 Dec
This post emphatically doesn't directly help people. Second of all your "we don't need info" comment sounds awfully ignorant. If you thought I was becoming rude, you should reread your own posts. Second of all, you don't know what I suffer from, I would suggest that you act that way. I still will retain a caustic attitude because you have been denying any piece of information under the aegis of "you don't suffer from it". If you are to complain about other's responses, then you should first critique your own response. Lastly, your "negative info" comment is blatantly ignorant, you...
10 Dec
You comment in a negative way to any positive post always pointing things are not correct,why bother,this post is for people who have the problem not for negative banter,so push off

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51