Home made protein drinks...

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
73 Posts
Dec 7, 2014 4:59pm
via Android

So i take a whey protein shake (EMP charged whey) before and after my workout. Im trying to gain weight, SLOW process!! I Recently saw on youtube a home made protein drink that consisted of ...

3 eggs (raw with yolks)
Milk
Scoop of protein powder
1 banana
4 spoons of almond butter
2 spoons of coconut oil

(Im sure that was all!?) Guy said its like 1500 calories. So im wondering if this would be ok for a woman and if so how often should i take it. My concern was that a friend advised that maybe bad for my liver.

Or does anyone have another recipe for post workout drink with a high calorie count please?

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Dec 7, 2014 6:30pm
via iOS
That's one hell of a lot of calories in one gulp!! Have you calculated how much many calories you need to bulk up?
07 Dec
Yeah i did with a fitness app (which o thought was crap!) I know im eating WELL over what im meant too. The scales are not budging. I must have some super duper metabolism
07 Dec
Personally I think that's too much if you're already eating a lot of calories. A 500 cal version maybe but 1500 is some women's whole calorie intake for the day and while you may 'bulk' your body could store a hell of a lotta fat instead of muscle unless you do a crazy amount of working out to compensate. Personal choice though so good luck with what you decide
07 Dec
See my calorie intake is near 3000+ easy! People can not believe that i eat so much and yet dont put on weight and i only workout 3-4 times per week! I dont mind some fat gain, i just would love a little size to my upper and lower body then i could cut. All seems soooo hard! Thanks for your advice.
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Dec 7, 2014 8:20pm
via Android

That's close to what my protein shake is. I wasn't gaining anything for a long time. I had to up my calorie intake to 5000. And I started to make some gains again.  If you want to build muscle mass and having trouble my advice is you can't be afraid to gain a little fat in the process. I know scary right. But the important this is to build muscle mass if you really want a banging body. You can shred the fat later seems like you have a great metabolism so it shouldn't be a problem for you to shred fat fast. I would say try that protein shake out for a week or 2. I think you'll see results.

07 Dec
I think i need to up something becoz the weight is not coming! I dont mind gettin some fat too. What sort of food did you eat to bulk?? And how often did u have that shake?
07 Dec
I have that shake when I wake up in the morning and after a workout. Sometimes if I don't have time to go home and have my shake I'll drink isopro pure mass. It's like protein fruit punch. As for food I don't eat meat. So I have to work around some things. I eat seafood though. My doest is mostly fish like salmon, tuna, and halibut, crab and shrimp. Lentils and tofu. I try and eat a lot of complex carbs like sweet potatos. I aim for 30 grams of protein per meal. And I eat 6 times a...
07 Dec
So is it ok to really have that many raw eggs everyday? Im eating 5-6 meals per day. And snacks and sometimes i be naughty and have a few choccies or biscuits because i can i suppose. I have loads of carbs, more than protein atm becoz thats where im gonna get thw bulk. It just dont seem to be working! But thanks for your advice i think i'll start that shake once per day for couple weeks.
07 Dec
My grandparents use to drink that shake and they're the healthiest people I know lol so I think the raw eggs are safe. Carbs will give you lots of energy but try and add more protein it'll really help your muscle gains. Let me know your progress I'm interested in seeing how it goes.
07 Dec
I still do have loads of protein through the day, aswell as protein in the meal its just my meals are big! I will let you know thanks.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51