I need help/suggestions for diet.

3 posts | Original | Recent

Dec 7, 2014 8:30pm
via Android

I understand that ideally youre supposed to eat small meals throughout the day...

I work as a bartender and often don't get a break or a chance to eat. When/if I do, its basically 10 mins of me cramming my face with whatever is available in order to get a meal in.
After work, im so hungry I get fast food or takeout and then fall asleep.

I am looking to drop around 20 lbs and tone everything.. but I know I cant unless I change my diet.

What would you suggest I do? I can have protein shakes to sip on throughout the day, but dont know which ones are worth buying. (I heard slimfast is calorie packed and not worth it??)

Help?

Grayshirtface_thumb
96 Posts
Dec 7, 2014 8:44pm
via iOS
First off I can empathize with your situation. Try keeping raw snacks around like carrots or grapes or other small fruits and vegetables. Obviously you won't get anywhere near enough calories from eating Fs & Vs but they're packed with naturally occurring nutrients that are artificially added to a lot of foods.

Plan your meals and stick to your plan. Among other factual anecdotes associated with weight loss if  you fail to plan you plan to fail. I recommend finding out what your daily caloric needs are by using a sight like IIFYM.com. Eat at a slight deficit and you'll lose weight. 

Above all, plan plan plan. You are 100% capable of changing your body, make it happen.
10885059_10152683174188073_6501637621910783697_n_thumb
4 Posts
Dec 7, 2014 9:05pm
via Android

What Jason said. The only thing I'd add is pack almonds or other nuts that you enjoy.

Find what healthy foods you enjoy and load up your fridge /cupboards. I prefer things like raw almonds, plain yogurt, string cheese for my 'snack' meals.

Last thing to consider, for roughly 24hrs after alcohol consumption your body can't metabolize fat. Doesn't matter if it's beer, wine or clear. Get into a groove and pick a period of time to avoid it for a few weeks.

Also your schedule should allow you to do a pre-breakfast workout. Do a run, or a vigorous walk or anything before you put food in your stomach. I've had it do wonders for me!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51