But....Food??

6 posts | Original | Recent

Dec 11, 2014 1:20pm
via iOS
Hello there!

If you knew me, you'd know that I love my Italian food! Il cibo è una bella cosa!
But, some Italian foods require a lot of olive oil, and a big portion! So I'm finding it hard to cut down, are there any other meals from different cultures that are healthier and less fattening ?? Grazie !
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Dec 11, 2014 2:12pm
via iOS
Hi! Yeah it is true mediterranean food is full of fat and oil. But it is delicious too :D . Most ethnic cuisines include oily food so i font think there is a really healthy one. So you should try combining them (healthy foods) . Im not a pro but i can tell you to try eating proteins, less carbohydrates or sugars, vitamines...
Hope this webpages will help: 

http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/10-healthiest-ethnic-foods

http://www.health.com/health/m/gallery/0,,20475957,00.html
Dec 11, 2014 2:19pm
via iOS
Ah, true! And what sucks the most is that the tastiest foods are the most fattening! (I'm glad you agree on that fact) but thanks so much for the tips and links! I'll be sure to check them out right away
11 Dec
You are welcome ;)
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Dec 11, 2014 5:03pm
via Android

Yeah but olive oil isn't that damaging and it's better than any other oil I make it a point to take in 1-3 tsbs a day along with salad dressing, good for your health as far as I know. Love Italian cuisine though. Thank you Italians for the pizza the whole world is indebted to you :p

Image_thumb
28 Posts
Dec 11, 2014 6:03pm
via iOS
What is wrong with fat?   If you are getting organic expeller pressed olive oil from a good source then you are eating a very beneficial food!   Fat is the membrane in every cell in our body's!   I eat up to 200 g of fat everyday and maintain a body fat between 9-12%.  Large amounts of simple sugars will make u fat due to spiked insulin levels that signal your body to store the sugar as fat rather than burn them as energy.   Don't believe the low fat myth
12 Dec
Its proven fact that fat content of food doesnt relate to body fat...high fat diet will loose weight as low fat diet...money spinners!
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Dec 11, 2014 11:59pm
via Android

There's good and bad kinds of fat and olive oil is definitely a good one! That doesn't mean you should be chugging it though, you CAN have too much. If you want you could try reducing the oil by a little each time, you might find you can make do with less. Some recipes taste just fine with 2/3 or even half the oil. Good luck!

12 Dec
Thanks so much for the help ! I'll start reducing today ! :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51