What to eat after being on a restrictive diet?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
49 Posts
Dec 12, 2014 8:41pm
via iOS
Hey there! I'm only one pound away from reaching my goal weight- 110 Ib. I've always been pretty fit and very healthy, but I was having a really hard time losing some belly/thigh chub. So I decided- for the first time- to start a diet. It's not just any diet, it's very scientific and everything is carefully measured. I won't get into the details, but I was eating about 300-400 calories a day. Sounds aweful and super unhealthy, right? I was skeptical too, but my parents did it and they both are looking great (and they've kept off the weight, too) so I decided to give it a try. Since I've already been on the lean side, I didn't have to be on this diet as near as long as my family did. It's been two weeks and I've lost just about 10 pounds. Here's my meal plan:

No breakfast.

12:00pm: 3 oz of lean meat (or one egg yoke with 3 egg whites), with a side of any veggies

3:00pm: eat a fruit

6:00pm: 3oz of lean meat and more veggies (must be different than my lunch).

Throughout the day: lots of water, and tea. I also take an all natural drink that's packed with vitamins and minerals.
SIDE NOTE: I had to halt my intense workouts while on this diet. I did however, do simple exercises and daily walks.

So my question is: how should I transition into my regular eating/exercize routine? And how gradually? I don't want to gain this weight back!
12 Dec
Really
12 Dec
This is the list of foods I'm allowed to eat, helps me in the super market and meal planning :) check it out if you like https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ah8MbmZepQxWdGo4bnB2QmxxMUlmTzZUTXYzMURRLWc&usp=docslist_api
12 Dec
Im doing keto/paleo so no statchy vegs eg root vegetables. no sugar or fruit except those listed.
12 Dec
Thanks Isaac! My diet was a bit similar, except I had no dairy and no fats/oils whatsoever. I couldn't even touch the stuff- had to buy a few new body products.
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Dec 12, 2014 8:52pm
via Android

Those are awesome results! Just focus in eating healthy and good luck maintaining the goal weight and more importantly liking the person in the mirror more :)

Image_thumb
327 Posts
Dec 12, 2014 8:57pm
via Android

You have done really well,well done you,start by going on good carbs,sweet potato,brown bread,soups and plenty of fruit and veg,exercise and the right fuel will keep you at a good weight,but focus more on getting strong,good luck x

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Dec 12, 2014 9:58pm
via Android

Just eat balanced meals and not over eat. Eat lots of protein, fruit, and vegetables. Limit carbs and starchy food. Also I would eat breakfast it is more healthy for you than skipping out on it. Even if it is just a banana and yogurt. Also limit eating out and fast food. Packing a lunch is a good way to go.

Image_thumb
49 Posts
Dec 12, 2014 11:19pm
via iOS
Thanks for the input guys!! Today I splurged and had sushi for dinner. Probably shouldn't have >.< but I think a treat every now and then is okay. So anyways, tomorrow i'll be going for a morning jog and continuing with my diet, except for breakfast i'll have a yummy homemade protein bar :) I guess I'll just take it from there, and see what my body responds to. wish me luck!!!
13 Dec
I would slowly increas calories to avoid weight/fat gain. Look up reverse dieting, I think it would be useful in this situation.
13 Dec
*increase

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51