Any thoughts on Creatine?

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
73 Posts
Dec 21, 2014 10:49am
via Android

Any suggestions on taking this supplement?

21 Dec
you are too. sexy
21 Dec
Look fine ;)
21 Dec
I heard it can be bad to take in case your overuse it. But in small amounts it's fine
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Dec 21, 2014 12:32pm
via iOS
Hi Kimmy, research has shown that it's one of the best supplements to take along with protein. It can cause bloating though so it's important to drink a lake-load of water through the day. I've taken the powder form and tablet form in the past and found they help your muscles look 'fuller'. I've not taken it for about a month now though. Stick to the recommended dosages though... And I'm not sure how guys tellin you "you look fine" etc helped with the question but hey, everyone likes a compliment!!
21 Dec
Urm yeah dont get them people, thats just creepy!
Image_thumb
55 Posts
Dec 21, 2014 1:07pm
via Android

When I was trying to gain size and strength, I found creatine very useful. Some brands are better than others though. I found the best one by far for me was Maximuscle Creatamax Extreme. Quite expensive but very effective and no bloating.

Image_thumb
139 Posts
Dec 21, 2014 4:37pm
via Android

Drinks lots and lots and lots and then some more water.  Creatine/kinase system in the body allows for quick burst of muscle activity (3-5 second burst).  If your diet is good, in most cases you don't need any extra, unless you are planning to go heavy with your workouts and do less reps(power or strength training).  The added water is needed to keep your muscles and tendons from becoming brittle(for lack of a better term) as heavy weights and creatine absorption/depletion will lead to.

P.S.  I've tried the powder mixes in the past and never noticed much difference, other than a little quicker recovery.

Image_thumb
15 Posts
Dec 21, 2014 4:54pm
via Android

Great supp! Just like the other's have said...plenty of water throughout the day. Not a big fan of the powder so I used the tablets instead. Creatine x 4 by USN go get it!

Image_thumb
274 Posts
Dec 21, 2014 5:31pm
via Android

On top of what everyone says, you need to saturate your muscles with it, so you won't get any of the true effects until around 2 weeks of continuous use

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Dec 21, 2014 6:54pm
via Android

Like Scotty said it can cause bloating. I take it in the pill form. The brand I use that I notice does not cause bloating is kre alkylan efx. It's pretty cheap if you get it from bodybuilding.com you will notice more pump and fuller muscles once you start taking it.

21 Dec
In my personal experience I felt it helped but after a couple of moths I also notice I was a little more aggressive and bad tempered than usual. I stopped using it and went back to "normal". Otherwise good sup
Image_thumb
73 Posts
Dec 21, 2014 9:33pm
via Android

Ok great info everyone. I have read a lot about it. Noted it causes bloating and need to stick with the correct dosage. But im willing to give it a try. Quick question,  the powder form (which they say works quicker) how has everyone taken it? It says with something sugary.....? Obviously i will follow instructions. After my week off from training, im really taking a new approach to working out. Not 100% happy with my progress atm yet im working so hard. But hey im a newbie so its all a learning curve for me and to find out what really works just for me. Thanks everyone!

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Dec 21, 2014 9:36pm
via iOS
When I had it in powder form I had it with a small glass of pineapple or orange juice. If you drink protein drinks you can add it to them as well but expect it to froth the drink up.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51